4 write ups and didn't get fired? FEDEX

Okay, First off I'm pretty sure I work at the worst managed fedex there is. Secondly, I got written up for bogus things, thirdly I didn't get fired on the spot.

background I've been working there about 3 months I work hard, a lot of people are lazy you get the idea if you have ever worked here anyways.

Here's what happened, I finished my trailer, Then had to go do a full IC trailer (By myself) Some jackass sent an IC down the belt it ripped open and boxes got destroyed and I had to toss the metal poles off the belt because packages were being destroyed. Manger comes over and says "why are your walls so :censored2:ty" I go dude look at all this bull ****. He goes what did you say? I go if you can build better walls get in here and do it your friend-ing self. I then closed up the trailer because it was done and left.

I come in Monday, I load my trailer, I notice a girl watching me the entire time I believe she works In HR. I get called into this white room with 2 mangers and they ask me what happened on friday LOL. I explained, and the guy said I tossed a box, (which was bs) left early (also bs because he never gave me further instructions other than close the trailer which I would assume that means I'm done) Then thirdly I get in trouble for cursing. They said we have a no cuss policy LOL.... So much for being adults. Anyways I had to sign this form and they said HR would review it. I don't know why I didn't get fired on the dot? Then after that happened I basically had to load all the crap trailers Like the IC's again 200+ tires by myself etc. along with all the 60+ lb Ic's which is fine but doing it everyday takes a toll

Anyways I assume HR is going to fire me so, I'm probably just going to quit. The job isn't worth 10.50 in my opinion been there 3 months and there's better jobs. Basically as a summer job

literally the only job where I've seen grown men and women cry lol....

They said I did those 4 things so, I don't know if they wrote me up for all of them or what. Could just be a scare tactic because the manger is insecure.

Anyways thoughts?

MAKAVELI

Okay, First off I'm pretty sure I work at the worst managed fedex there is. Secondly, I got written up for bogus things, thirdly I didn't get fired on the spot.

background I've been working there about 3 months I work hard, a lot of people are lazy you get the idea if you have ever worked here anyways.

Here's what happened, I finished my trailer, Then had to go do a full IC trailer (By myself) Some jackass sent an IC down the belt it ripped open and boxes got destroyed and I had to toss the metal poles off the belt because packages were being destroyed. Manger comes over and says "why are your walls so :censored2:ty" I go dude look at all this bull ****. He goes what did you say? I go if you can build better walls get in here and do it your friend-ing self. I then closed up the trailer because it was done and left.

I come in Monday, I load my trailer, I notice a girl watching me the entire time I believe she works In HR. I get called into this white room with 2 mangers and they ask me what happened on friday LOL. I explained, and the guy said I tossed a box, (which was bs) left early (also bs because he never gave me further instructions other than close the trailer which I would assume that means I'm done) Then thirdly I get in trouble for cursing. They said we have a no cuss policy LOL.... So much for being adults. Anyways I had to sign this form and they said HR would review it. I don't know why I didn't get fired on the dot? Then after that happened I basically had to load all the crap trailers Like the IC's again 200+ tires by myself etc. along with all the 60+ lb Ic's which is fine but doing it everyday takes a toll

Anyways I assume HR is going to fire me so, I'm probably just going to quit. The job isn't worth 10.50 in my opinion been there 3 months and there's better jobs. Basically as a summer job

They said I did those 4 things so, I don't know if they wrote me up for all of them or what. Could just be a scare tactic because the manger is insecure.

Anyways thoughts?
You're right it's not worth the 10.50 go apply at UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Anyways thoughts?
What's a manger and why would it be insecure? My only other thought....is 3 months of hard work? Wah.

What's a manger and why would it be insecure? My only other thought....is 3 months of hard work? Wah.
lol I wasn't complaining about the work, I'm just saying my write ups were bogus. I would of quit before if I didn't enjoy the work. Though it's not worth 10.50$

The package was an IC everything fell out all the metal poles etc. I had to get it off the belt to break the jam

the manger is the guy that tells us what to do according to the Operations manger.

CJinx

So the manager cursed at you but then got indignant when you used some curse words of your own? Probably not a good idea to be cursing at a manager but hey, what's good for the goose and all. LOL

I've never heard of a no-swearing policy on the dock. It's a dock! People swear out there all the time. Occasionally I do ask people to curb the language when I'm on the phone but otherwise I hear George Carlin's "Dirty Seven" on a daily basis.

So the manager cursed at you but then got indignant when you used some curse words of your own? Probably not a good idea to be cursing at a manager but hey, what's good for the goose and all. LOL

I've never heard of a no-swearing policy on the dock. It's a dock! People swear out there all the time. Occasionally I do ask people to curb the language when I'm on the phone but otherwise I hear George Carlin's "Dirty Seven" on a daily basis.

exactly! Well we have a Women Operations Manger people call her the second adolf hitler at our hub. She put in the no cuss policy. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

I only cussed at the guy because my scan rate was 355 and he complains about every little thing aka the last wall, We only need to hit 300 load rate per hour (most don't even get that) From my understanding the faster you are the more work they give you so, People either learn to work slow or drop off like flies. We got new people every other day it seems lol.

added note
I can't believe this place doesn't have a union. No breaks either lol

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

I'm dead serious you're much better off applying for ups. They have guaranteed wage increases and benefits and possibility of working full time.

I'm dead serious you're much better off applying for ups. They have guaranteed wage increases and benefits and possibility of working full time.

I'll check into it. At our hub they don't even let us use machinery it's all manual labor. no fork lifts noda lol... So, at this point anything would be better. I'm calling it quits today. 5 other loaders just quit and you know how that goes.

thanks for the lead.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

A manger is a thing you put hay in for livestock.

Also, where baby Jesus was when the wise men came to visit.

It the manger is insecure, one could always find a more level space to put it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A manger is a thing you put hay in for livestock.

Also, where baby Jesus was when the wise men came to visit.

It the manger is insecure, one could always find a more level space to put it.
I'm not quite as dumb as I seem...I kmew what a manger was...insecure manger just needa more hay. Now go make some pizza! lol