401k issue

nystripe96

Just wondering on the prudential site if there is a way to check the daily/weekly dollar amount in my 401k. Im able to see performance in % but don't know how to see how much I've gained or lost dollar wise. Just the other day it seemed like I was up quite a bit, but now it seems lower but can't access my previous account values. I'm invested mainly in the S&P mid cap blend

oldngray

nowhere special
Why would you feel it urgent to check on it every week? It is a very long term investment and weekly fluctuations are not very important.

brett636

The market hasn't done much in the last 6 months either so that would explain the lack of movement. My account is pretty much doing the same with minimal gains this year. You can access your e-documents through the website and check your quarter to quarter numbers or even year to year. Checking it daily is a waste because this money is there for the long term so daily fluctuations aren't that important.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The market hasn't done much in the last 6 months either so that would explain the lack of movement. My account is pretty much doing the same with minimal gains this year. You can access your e-documents through the website and check your quarter to quarter numbers or even year to year. Checking it daily is a waste because this money is there for the long term so daily fluctuations aren't that important.
You can access statements from prior quarters by clicking on the E-Documents link.

TTKU

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Just wondering on the prudential site if there is a way to check the daily/weekly dollar amount in my 401k. Im able to see performance in % but don't know how to see how much I've gained or lost dollar wise. Just the other day it seemed like I was up quite a bit, but now it seems lower but can't access my previous account values. I'm invested mainly in the S&P mid cap blend
I am in the teamster/ups 401k with prudential and self-managed part by dryfus, and there is a website to view balances in both and make any and all changes to the 401k plan.

If this is the 401k plan you are in, the website is teamsterups401kplan.com.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

I'm guessing you don't have a financial advisor / guidance overlooking your 401k investments?

They work wonders!