401K Self managed portion UPS stock

textat3

I am a participant in the UPS/Teamster 401K and also have set up the self managed portion of it. If I buy UPS stock in the self managed portion where does the dividend check go? Does it automatically get reinvested in the 401K or does it come to me? Do I have the option to choose? Thanks for any help.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I am a participant in the UPS/Teamster 401K and also have set up the self managed portion of it. If I buy UPS stock in the self managed portion where does the dividend check go? Does it automatically get reinvested in the 401K or does it come to me? Do I have the option to choose? Thanks for any help.
you have valuable information for this thread

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You have the option to take a dividend check or reinvest is what we do. remember that dividends are taxed.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Don’t take anything for at least 5 years buy stock and reinvest the money until the dividends can pay a real bill
That is what I do with some blue chips.the dividends for AT%T ( used to be 5%) pay for my phone bill. Exxon/Mobil dividends pay for our gasoline and so on.
We have about 10-15% of our 401k in the SMA so I can play with stocks. Most high dividend stocks. Our picks in the SMA have been doing much better than the rest of the 401k
I also like some mutuals from Vanguard. low cost and good long term performing

Damanmad

But you don't get the 5% discount
If you don’t invest no you won’t. I was sayin don’t take any dividends from your class A shares until they can pay a bill, For instance, right now UPS stock is trading between $100-$121 depending on the time of year. They pay dividends once per quarter or 4 per year. You would have to have aproximately $10,000 in class a stock to pay a dividend if the corporation pays out a dividend. $1.00 per share of 100 shares will put you at $100.00 at a one dollar dividend. So the more you buy the more it builds. The power in Class A stock is the voting power.