$.45 cent UPS Dividend

Channahon

A time when other companies have suspended their dividends, UPS is paying a $.45 cent dividend, payable on March 10th, based on your holdings of February 23rd, 2009.

A little bit of good news in today's recession.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Good news? Or poor decision?

Good news.
It shows investors we have actual cash flow rather than virtual cash flow.
Didn't see Enron or these investment banks paying dividends.
Also, UPS needs to get their yield (Yearly dividend/stock price) up over 4%. Still not quite there.
We are not a growth company...much closer to a utility type company.

wyobill

Bottom Line ........ If they cut or suspend dividend say goodbye to the stock price.

44 will turn into 22 overnight

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The stock is what it is because we the employees by it. if we didnt buy it stock would be worth 10 bucks

Brown, here is some data to refute your claim:

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.asp?symbol=UPS&selected=UPS

68.88% of outstanding shares are held by institutions (466,692,043)

total value held by these institutions $21,141,149,548

Seems like a lot of businesses think we are a pretty good company to invest in. Dividends are a way of saying "thank you" for investing in us.

So, at $.45/share, these institutions received a thank you to the tune of $210,011,419.35

backinbrown

respect my authority
Ok thank you

i was saying and didnt say it that i guess if we didnt buy stock would people have faith in our company if employees did not

makes no sence once i see your data

thank you

ups79

Brown, here is some data to refute your claim:

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.asp?symbol=UPS&selected=UPS

68.88% of outstanding shares are held by institutions (466,692,043)

total value held by these institutions $21,141,149,548

Seems like a lot of businesses think we are a pretty good company to invest in. Dividends are a way of saying "thank you" for investing in us.

So, at $.45/share, these institutions received a thank you to the tune of $210,011,419.35

Actually they hold less than 50%. What they own is 68.8% of the class B shares. They own none of the class A shares which total another approximately 600,000,000 shares