4X10 weeks for everyone at Express plan

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
...or the action phase begins before the planning is fully thought out.

giphy.gif

Artee

Anyone else hear of this plan? Our ops mgr told us of this plan this morning. Said in planning stage now.

They have been trying it for 20 years and it still hasn't worked yet. All it takes is a couple people to quit, transfer, get hurt.....and the whole plan falls apart and they are asking you to come in on your day off. They then announce they are getting rid of 4/10's except for a couple routes because overtime is through the roof and we are back where we started. I have seen this movie more than a few times.

I thought the latest rumor over the past 5 years was they were going to make everyone part time. What happened to that? The only thing I would count on at FDX are declining benefits and little to no raises.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

They have been trying it for 20 years and it still hasn't worked yet. All it takes is a couple people to quit, transfer, get hurt.....and the whole plan falls apart and they are asking you to come in on your day off. They then announce they are getting rid of 4/10's except for a couple routes because overtime is through the roof and we are back where we started. I have seen this movie more than a few times.

I thought the latest rumor over the past 5 years was they were going to make everyone part time. What happened to that? The only thing I would count on at FDX are declining benefits and little to no raises.

This.

Absolutely, positively not doable at my station.

Yozh69

Anyone else hear of this plan? Our ops mgr told us of this plan this morning. Said in planning stage now.

They told us the other day that they want to increase productivity and reduce overtime so that noone works over 50hrs

And that they had a req in to hire 10 new drivers - LOL!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

They told us the other day that they want to increase productivity and reduce overtime so that noone works over 50hrs

And that they had a req in to hire 10 new drivers - LOL!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Express, I present you our new batch of couriers if this idiot idea ever sees the light of day.

Hope our collective backs are strong, because we're gonna be doing a lot of carrying.

img-thing

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Good luck Fed X. I see you guys running all over each other on my route with your Roads system that probably was a wasteful thing to buy.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I heard that UPS is going to a 3 X 11 hour work week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with Monday and Friday as 9 hour day, oh wait a minute they already did.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This company is truly run by morons. How it survives is amazing.

dezguy

4x10 would be awesome so long as my days off were Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Just because they call you in on your day off, doesn't mean you have to go.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This looks like my Sr Mgr.....

Imagine a huge fancy boardroom, with exotic furnishings and décor. Now, envision Matt, Dave, and Fred sitting there with all of their VP and MD yes men and women. A "task group" makes a presentation on reducing OT, with charts, an exotic computer presentation on Powerpoint, and lots of projections showing how hours can be reduced by going 4x10 system-wide. There are lots of nods and approving smiles, and then...it's time for an expensive catered lunch.

In the afternoon, everyone kisses the butts and rings of the Big Three, and around 1500, Fred announces that "The Plan" is a go. Everyone leaves for more ass-kissing and "career building". Maybe there will also be a presentation on Effective Leadership Principles.

Meanwhile, the entire system is burning to the ground, and most stations are short on both sides of the operation.

Utter cluelessness.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Imagine a huge fancy boardroom, with exotic furnishings and décor. Now, envision Matt, Dave, and Fred sitting there with all of their VP and MD yes men and women. A "task group" makes a presentation on reducing OT, with charts, an exotic computer presentation on Powerpoint, and lots of projections showing how hours can be reduced by going 4x10 system-wide. There are lots of nods and approving smiles, and then...it's time for an expensive catered lunch.

In the afternoon, everyone kisses the butts and rings of the Big Three, and around 1500, Fred announces that "The Plan" is a go. Everyone leaves for more ass-kissing and "career building". Maybe there will also be a presentation on Effective Leadership Principles.

Meanwhile, the entire system is burning to the ground, and most stations are short on both sides of the operation.

Utter cluelessness.
The big three must have memories each one inch long. This makes how many times now this has been tried? Geez all that has been missing is the necessary ingredient called manpower. And not one of them can figure that out?