4X10 weeks for everyone at Express plan

El Morado Diablo

The problem with 4x10's is that there are too many locations where they don't work. They might be OK for the Eastern US but the operating window as you move West gets shorter and shorter. There wouldn't be enough work to make it work for a lot of Western US stations to keep them busy on 4x10's. It's not uncommon for OB freight to leave stations before 5pm.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
memories to match their genitals

Ever been to a meeting of the FedEx elite? I have, and nobody dares challenge whatever idea is being pitched...even if it sucks. If someone were to actually stand-up and say " 4x10 is not workable due to current staffing issues" or "DRA hasn't been adequately researched", their career would be over.

BigTex61

That "Elitist" attitude is in every level. Going against the grain even at a station meeting is frowned upon, regardless of the subject matter or how valid the issue is.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ever been to a meeting of the FedEx elite? I have, and nobody dares challenge whatever idea is being pitched...even if it sucks. If someone were to actually stand-up and say " 4x10 is not workable due to current staffing issues" or "DRA hasn't been adequately researched", their career would be over.
Looks like Fred modeled his meetings with inspiration from Adolf Hitler.

That "Elitist" attitude is in every level. Going against the grain even at a station meeting is frowned upon, regardless of the subject matter or how valid the issue is.
Yeah, I got in trouble for that once. Management thinks they're all mighty and powerful but they can't handle the simple truth.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yeah, I got in trouble for that once. Management thinks they're all mighty and powerful but they can't handle the simple truth.

One of the reasons Hitler lost the war (among many) was that he was a fanatical micro-manager. He split-up his top scientists, and then insisted on personally signing-off on a project before it could proceed. This was actually a very good thing for us because Germany had many advanced weapons and had made a great deal of progress on it's heavy water experiments.

An excellent example is the ME-262, the first effective military jet. Hitler insisted it be a bomber, despite the objections of the Luftwaffe, who recognized immediately it's excellence as a fighter aircraft. Nothing the Allies had could match it.

Hitler also delayed other key projects or advanced poor ones over clear winners.

Perhaps we need to see Fred's antics in the bunker again to remind us of what he is like. I can't locate the DRA one, so FedEx must have threatened to sue.

Heil, Smith!

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Here's one of Paul Harvey blowing Fred.