5 seeing habit and10 point commentary

SandSpida

I was at integrad when I committed them to memory. Everyone is different, but I would recite each sentence 20-30 times and then keep adding on. If I had trouble I would write them over and over. Find what’s best with you. Try to make it fun or into a song.

Retiree

Have someone read it and record on your phone. Listen to and say it aloud as you listen to the recording. Review it everyday for 30 to 45 minutes, especially while your are driving and hopefully it will make sense to you. Hard to memorize info if it doesn't make sense to you. Practice everyday. You want to test out on DOK first day..it will make your week much easier.

tramtwo

Read it and record it.... play it back over and over and over again. After several dozen times it'll sound like a song in your head... you'll be fine.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Read it and record it.... play it back over and over and over again. After several dozen times it'll sound like a song in your head... you'll be fine.
Listen to it while your sleeping.
Just make sure your wife dont switch out your tape. I woke up one morning to find that i did 16 loads of laundry in my sleep!

quad decade guy

I posted a picture not sure you can see it, it’s 3 pages long now . I was suppose to got to integrad on Monday on line cus of the virus, but I had to recite the 5 and 10 to my center manager and I couldn’t tell him the 10 point commentary word for word and he didn’t let me go. I just don’t know what to do I really want this Job. I had lots of trouble on school with reading comprehension so this is hard for me. And I told him that and he told me a should of told him earlier which I guess I should have.

I posted a picture not sure you can see it, it’s 3 pages long now . I was suppose to go to integrad on Monday online cus of the virus, but I had to recite the 5 and 10 to my center manager and I couldn’t tell him the 10 point commentary word for word and he didn’t let me go. I just don’t know what to do I really want this Job. I had lots of trouble in school with reading comprehension so this is hard for me. And I told him that and he told me a should of told him earlier which I guess I should have.

doing it via zoom on laptop

I've gotten through it perfectly maybe once, thirty years ago and couldn't do it now to save anyone's life. Your mgr. calls the shots. There are lot's of opinions on this but personally, I don't think it makes a better or safer driver. You will either be that or not. I have seen people who could recite them backwards or in the middle and kill themselves or someone else. If me, move heaven and earth to find a way. Perhaps cut a deal with the mgr. Doesn't hurt to try.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Hate to say it but you just need to memorize them. Also I do not think your center manager can stop you from going to integrad. You may want to talk to a steward about that.

No one really knows them word for word except new hires but I always did it like this.

1. One car length when stopped in traffic.
2. (You do two things) look left right left and check your mirrors.
3. Count one, two, three when the light turns green.
4. Four to six seconds under 30, six to eight above 30
5. Check your mirrors every five to eight seconds
6. Stale green light
7. Signs of life
8. Eight to twelve second eye lead time.
9. Look over your shoulder when pulling away from curb
10. Use horn, lights, signals to establish eye contact.
Gay.

542thruNthru

RealLinedAmethystsunbird-small.gif

wht1zzfe

Lookup productivity501 memorizing verbatim. Helped me a ton. Took me like two days to learn it. Writing the first letter of every word is really helpful.

tourists24

One of our new 22.4 drivers told me that the 10 point commentary has changed a little now to include horn honking? Can anyone confirm?

Fuzzy Brown

Looking for some advice. I’m 21 and have a great opportunity and have been offered a full time driving position. I’m having trouble memorizing the newest 10 points of commentary WORD FOR WORD. I thought this is what integrad is for to learn and memorize these in integrad. At my hub I have to have them memorized word for word and say them to the center manager or they won’t let you go to integrad. If anyone can tell me the best way to memorize these I would greatly appreciate it I just want this Job so bad and do not want to screw this great opportunity up. Thanks to anyone that can help
View attachment 292704

Get off the net turn off your phone and go someplace quiet and focus.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Memorizing the 5/10 crap is the easiest part.
I would rather tell you kids to be very stubborn about your driving and overall surroundings for the first few days instead because that is when your perception of the vehicle and the space around it is at it's weakest.
I like to use the word "stubborn" instead of "slow" or "carefully" because it implies that you are recognizing and engaging yourself with each little challenge and are approaching them on your own terms rather than getting stressed out at the situation.
the final challange: actually peddling cardboard to peoples doorsteps in a quick-ish fashion, can go unpolished/ignored for up to two weeks without significant risk to your overall packet.