50 year old female promoted to full time on road pkg Sup.?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, I would start out saying your an arrogant a-hole.....but that's a given....so..........

LOL ... It doesn't take long to understand the essence of TOS.

The best thing to do is to ignore his posts but it is hard ... we all say this but then we bite.

BTW ... you missed couple of appropriate adjectives that could be placed in front of "arrogant a-hole".

The most outstanding and consistent characteristic of TOS is to make things up and then formulate an entire theory and philosophy based on that made up "truth".

He does not post on Brown Cafe to help people or discuss ... he is simply here for entertainment by flaming and inciting people.

Keep that in mind and he will not bother you much.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Which brings up a good point ... the best supervisor candidate most likely is not the best driver regardless whether he/she can drive a stick-shift.

That was true 40 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago and now.

It is also true that the best supervisor does not necessarily make the best manager.

It is also very true that the best manager does not necessarily make the best Division/Staff manager. This promotion is very true and I have seen this happen many times.

Each higher level of management requires more ability in ensuring others are doing their job with less and less direct information and making decisions with less and less understanding and greater uncertainty.

Each higher level of management requires more ability in ensuring others are doing their job with less and less direct information and making decisions with less and less understanding and greater uncertainty

Damn, so I am doing something right...whoo hoo look out MIP!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
4) This year,
we drive MORE miles - as a group, that is incorrect. Total driver miles are lower - as individuals, the average may be higher.
work MORE hours, deliver MORE stops - similarly, as a group, that is incorrect. Total driver hours are lower - as individuals, the average may be higher.
make MORE money, have MORE accidents and have MORE injuries - that one I do not know but then neither do you (that much I do know).

Do we deliver more stops? You conveniently didn't address the accuracy of this statement.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Each higher level of management requires more ability in ensuring others are doing their job with less and less direct information and making decisions with less and less understanding and greater uncertainty.

Kinda sounds like "job justification" to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Do we deliver more stops? You conveniently didn't address the accuracy of this statement.

I assumed a UPSer with average intelligence and even a bit below would understand that "hours" are directly proportional to "stops".

My bad, I should have realized you might read it. :wink2:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I assumed a UPSer with average intelligence and even a bit below would understand that "hours" are directly proportional to "stops".

Humor me from the short bus?

Guess he isn't going to humor me.
Oh well.
My next question was going to be, are we delivering more packages?
I'm thinking the answer there is yes.
I wonder what role Surepost is playing in this equation?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Humor me from the short bus?

Guess he isn't going to humor me.
Oh well.
My next question was going to be, are we delivering more packages?
I'm thinking the answer there is yes.
I wonder what role Surepost is playing in this equation?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
4) This year,
we drive MORE miles - as a group, that is incorrect. Total driver miles are lower - as individuals, the average may be higher.
work MORE hours, deliver MORE stops - similarly, as a group, that is incorrect. Total driver hours are lower - as individuals, the average may be higher.
make MORE money, have MORE accidents and have MORE injuries - that one I do not know but then neither do you (that much I do know).

in my real world reality,, i drive more than ever due to horrible loops and constant misloads,, i work more hrs than ever due to unrealistic production standards,, and there are more people out hurt NOW than ive seen in a LONG time............what fuzzy logic are you using regarding 'as individuals, the average may be higher'.?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
in my real world reality,, i drive more than ever due to horrible loops and constant misloads,, i work more hrs than ever due to unrealistic production standards,, and there are more people out hurt NOW than ive seen in a LONG time............what fuzzy logic are you using regarding 'as individuals, the average may be higher'.?

I assume that is a rhetorical question ... perhaps I should have said "as individuals, the average is probably higher".
The message is the same but then again, your probably just venting ... so "Whatever".