55 mph gravel

rod

Retired 22 years
No you didn’t. Truck wouldn’t stay on these roads at those speeds.

Yes I know some gravel you can run 50 on. I did my fair share of that in my early days. This county just sucks. Oh it’s rural route numbers too. Give me paper and take away my power steering and I can pretend to be from 1980
Who said I stayed on the roads?

rod

Retired 22 years
No you didn’t. Truck wouldn’t stay on these roads at those speeds.

Yes I know some gravel you can run 50 on. I did my fair share of that in my early days. This county just sucks. Oh it’s rural route numbers too. Give me paper and take away my power steering and I can pretend to be from 1980
Our Ford Econolines and P-400's with Twin I-Beam Suspension would handle those roads at 50 mph no problem.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
hell I ran 35 trying to get air off and 75% of the packages ended up on the floor. 20-25 here and occasionally you need to slow down under 10 you are not doing 55 on these View attachment 260812View attachment 260813View attachment 260814

Now those aren't roads, they are driveways where I'm at. Still can cruise them at 40. The roads we have can easily be driven at 50-65.

roads.jpg
roads2.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You guys are crazy! There are a couple routes
In my building that still have box numbers. RR1 box 21c.
Try running stuff on forestry roads. No rhyme or reason on how the numbering system works. Be lucky to even have numbers for miles. We literally have addresses that will look something like this in some of our areas:

John Smith
3rd NF West

OKLABob

Try running stuff on forestry roads. No rhyme or reason on how the numbering system works. Be lucky to even have numbers for miles. We literally have addresses that will look something like this in some of our areas:

John Smith
3rd NF West
Lol I understand man! On routes like that you just remember people’s last names and drive to there house. That’s how it is with me and a couple of the routes in my center.

SmithBarney

Personally I love seeing how much dust I can kick up...
Bonus Points if it's still hanging in the air after I deliver and come back the same way.
Use to have a 20 mile round trip down one of these roads almost weekly(for just one stop) Drifting a 500 is always fun!
road_dust_3.jpg

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Does a stretch of road that runs inside the creek bed count?

The problem is the kind of rock they use and the fact that rough bedrock is randomly sticking up all over.

Done that aswell during a rain storm that covered half the wheels. From naked women to delivering to a meth lab...not to much I haven't been thru.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol I understand man! On routes like that you just remember people’s last names and drive to there house. That’s how it is with me and a couple of the routes in my center.

Got to have a good card file

When we were RR2 box xxx

Nothing more valuable than a good Rolodex

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You know, I am a lot of things. Not very social, sometimes a jerk, I swear and can be rude to people, but in all my years, I've never been as hurtful as you two were with these comments. I can't talk about this anymore.
So, don't mention bagels?