6 days a week ??

sadmanhere

we got informed that we will start working 6 days a week for good starting end of October. has anyone started 6 days yeT?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Since the mass exodus of drivers in my terminal on June, some of us with vehicles under 10,000 lbs were volunteering for the extra Monday to help keep the volume in check.

I heard it may be sooner in the month around my area.

It's gonna be a :censored2: storm with those driving step vans over 10,000 lbs with a 70 hour maximum limit

It will be fine

we got informed that we will start working 6 days a week for good starting end of October. has anyone started 6 days yeT?
I’ve been running a 6 day operation for years. I can’t wait for more delivery volume on Mondays. It’ll support another route for pickups. I was told they aren’t changing the service days until January when they’ll shift Saturday to only be overnight/2 day volume with the rest getting pushed to Monday. For now Monday will just be volume they advance from Tues and Wed. A big nothing burger.

MAKAVELI

I’ve been running a 6 day operation for years. I can’t wait for more delivery volume on Mondays. It’ll support another route for pickups. I was told they aren’t changing the service days until January when they’ll shift Saturday to only be overnight/2 day volume with the rest getting pushed to Monday. For now Monday will just be volume they advance from Tues and Wed. A big nothing burger.
So starting January there will be no more ground being del?

It will be fine

So starting January there will be no more ground being del?
They’re just switching around the commit dates. Packages will default to Mon-Fri with Saturday HD delivery being only overnight or 2nd day volume. It’ll make it easier for me to shift more drivers to a Mon-Fri schedule and handle pickups better on Monday’s. Right now I’m short guys for Monday so they get blown out on pickups but there isn’t enough delivery volume to support another route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Since the mass exodus of drivers in my terminal on June, some of us with vehicles under 10,000 lbs were volunteering for the extra Monday to help keep the volume in check.

It's gonna be a :censored2: storm with those driving step vans over 10,000 lbs with a 70 hour maximum limit
Why in the hell would you volunteer?

Brownslave688

They’re just switching around the commit dates. Packages will default to Mon-Fri with Saturday HD delivery being only overnight or 2nd day volume. It’ll make it easier for me to shift more drivers to a Mon-Fri schedule and handle pickups better on Monday’s. Right now I’m short guys for Monday so they get blown out on pickups but there isn’t enough delivery volume to support another route.
So fedex is gonna deliver its ground 2 days later than the post office or ups?

Yeah that won't last.

bacha29

Are you saying that vehicles under 10,000 GVW are not subject to a 70 hour limit? But the guys who drive them are entitled to overtime pay. Of course I'm quite certain that your investor contractor is fully compliant with that rule and is paying you accordingly.......Oh for sure for sure. No doubt about it.

Brownslave688

Are you saying that vehicles under 10,000 GVW are not subject to a 70 hour limit? But the guys who drive them are entitled to overtime pay. Of course I'm quite certain that your investor contractor is fully compliant with that rule and is paying you accordingly.......Oh for sure for sure. No doubt about it.
Yes only vehicles over 10k GVW are subject.

sadmanhere

Are they going to pay more for another day of service?

you mean is fedex going to pay the contractor for 6 days? no...they are not...we wil incur the costs and stress of operating a 6th day with lower volume.

each day will become less profitable ..with a slight increase in total profit ...

in other words its not worth it for us..
i was told fedex plans to grow the monday..on our backs...

they should have GD go out on sat and pick up hd volume ..so everyone has a light day on saturday .....but that will be too expensive for fedex..

another suggestion is give hd some of the gd volume on sat .....so gd can go out heavier on monday........

It will be fine

you mean is fedex going to pay the contractor for 6 days? no...they are not...we wil incur the costs and stress of operating a 6th day with lower volume.

each day will become less profitable ..with a slight increase in total profit ...

in other words its not worth it for us..
i was told fedex plans to grow the monday..on our backs...

they should have GD go out on sat and pick up hd volume ..so everyone has a light day on saturday .....but that will be too expensive for fedex..

another suggestion is give hd some of the gd volume on sat .....so gd can go out heavier on monday........
There is no HD or GD anymore. They are correctly making plans for that.

OrioN

If they're not going to allow me to go straight home with my box truck after my deliveries, I may switch to the competition.

Another clean plate with clock out of 1930

ManInBrown

If they're not going to allow me to go straight home with my box truck after my deliveries, I may switch to the competition.

Another clean plate with clock out of 1930
So you’re saying you’ve had the ability to switch, and haven’t done so? Why would you leave 50K a year on the table? What are you waiting for?

MAKAVELI

Is there a guarantee for your overnight and 2nd day volume?

It will be fine

Is there a guarantee for your overnight and 2nd day volume?
Yes. There’s a guarantee for delivery day for Ground shipments. I believe they typically have an extra day from when it actually arrives and I think they add an extra day for oversized. The new plan makes sense, if you ship an HD from a 3 day point on Thursday after the switch it’ll arrive on Monday as opposed to Tuesday.

OrioN

Bump...

Now that horrible hurricane passed through, next week's load is compiling & we're going to a 6 day work week for the next 2 weeks???

Hope those people affected are doing well since I hardly had the chance to follow up on that yet