70 hour rule

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We were told at pcm this morning that its not going to happen this year per our DM. Of course two weeks ago we were told nobody over 9.5 yet I'm at 50 hours through 4 days so.....

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
anyone been informed they are going to 70 yet?

I know some centers have virtually everyone out of hours and are supposed to deliver tomorrow.

We have the same problem at my hub, many drivers are out of hours and they need Saturday to be pretty much a full dispatch

I'm at 60 hours and normally a Tuesday-Saturday guy. They told us last night our guys that hit 60 are driver helping today. Can I still demand at least 8 hours today?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Can I still demand at least 8 hours today?
Come on man, it's peak season... anything goes!

Just be glad you will be paid ot for being the helper/ navigator to a seasonal driver with less experience behind the wheel.

It could be worse... you can be in a truck that's under 10,000 lbs and be worked over 70 hours with half the pay at FXG

35years

Gravy route
But how many on-road supervisors have not put in 60 hours already this week? I know mine shows up at 6:30 A..M. and works till 10 P.M. I wouldn't call the DOT on him....Unless I was forced to be his helper

I would casually joke about how much work we have been putting in, then ask him what time he stayed until the night before. If he didn't have 10 hours rest, I would refuse to be his helper.

Drivers are required to log their hours, ours are done electronically. I would ask to see his driver's log before risking my safety with him behind the wheel. 60 hour rule in effect. 10 hours off duty always in effect.

He can't say I stayed till 11 p.m. so I can drive at 9 A.M.... If he started working before 9 A.M. he is disqualified from driving till he has 10 hours off duty.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wait, wut???

A seasonal driver should be behind the wheel, and the experienced veteran bid driver is the helper/ navigator... or does that just makes too much common sense for UPS to implement

35years

Gravy route
Wait, wut???

A seasonal driver should be behind the wheel, and the experienced veteran bid driver is the helper/ navigator... or does that just makes too much common sense for UPS to implement
Common sense says any driver, experienced or not, doesn't drive in violation of DOT safety laws.

Ask for the hours log of the driver you will be helping, supervisor or not. You have the right to protect your safety.

If UPS will not provide it, tell them you will be forced to call the DOT to see if UPS is violating the law by not providing the info.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But how many on-road supervisors have not put in 60 hours already this week? I know mine shows up at 6:30 A..M. and works till 10 P.M. I wouldn't call the DOT on him....Unless I was forced to be his helper

I would casually joke about how much work we have been putting in, then ask him what time he stayed until the night before. If he didn't have 10 hours rest, I would refuse to be his helper.

Drivers are required to log their hours, ours are done electronically. I would ask to see his driver's log before risking my safety with him behind the wheel. 60 hour rule in effect. 10 hours off duty always in effect.

He can't say I stayed till 11 p.m. so I can drive at 9 A.M.... If he started working before 9 A.M. he is disqualified from driving till he has 10 hours off duty.
If drivers have 60 hours you can bet your ass every sup has their 60 in too.