70 hour rule

542thruNthru

Must be nice out there 74 and sunny delivering peak

You have no idea my friend. :)
20181127_171906.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There’s obviously some confusion here on how all of this works. Is the confusion at the ups level? Or the state DOT level? I have no idea but we know it’s not applied uniformly across ups.
I personally don't see any confusion. Because we operate 7 days a week UPS has the discretion to designate some employees as 60/7 and others as 70/8 and that's what they're doing. In my area the feeder dept is 70/8 while package is 60/7, from what I've read here it seems that right now only certain feeder departments are 70/8, no package centers as of yet. I'm guessing the reason is that feeder drivers by and large don't really care about it like delivery drivers do, and they really want to get these supplements passed so they're holding off on implementing it in delivery to keep everybody calm.

Logic

Does anyone know how much we should get paid for time over 60? I know the new contract says double time, but my local is saying triple time right now because we were "forced" in on Saturday.

CarolinaUSC

I was told the new contract has language that if we work the 10hrs between 60 and 70 that it is double time! That is why they are not putting the 70 hr rule in. It would be part of our retro pay

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I was told the new contract has language that if we work the 10hrs between 60 and 70 that it is double time! That is why they are not putting the 70 hr rule in. It would be part of our retro pay
What's the difference if they are working driver's out of hours as helpers?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The rule is not based on locality. If UPS has trucks running 7 days a week, i.e. Feeders, the company can switch whenever they want to.

You are correct. UPS somewhere has trucks running 7 days a week, so they can run 70/8 anywhere.

At the moment, it is up to the DM whether to change to 70/8.

Not here, and told we will stay on 60/7.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I hit 59.75 hours after Friday. Did not show up Saturday. Got a call from the center manager, didn’t pick up. I sent him a text saying “I’m out of hours”.

I checked my time card on UPSers this morning, it shows I was ‘scheduled off’ on Saturday.

Sucks for everyone who went in and had to be a seasonal driver’s buddy*, navigating for them and running packages in the rain.