710, 705?

710 steward

Yes thoughts and beliefs no matter how wrong they are matter....hahaha Keep your head in the sand and refuse to deal with reality. This contract passes .

What facts do you have to back up your words and someone else's beliefs? I talked to one of the new BA'S. It's their hope that the people who chose not to vote will now in fact vote to get this passed. In his opinion the people who have already voted no will still vote no. Only you could support such questionable thinking and believe that makes sense. This contract fails as bad if not worse than the first offer especially after 705 makes their no vote official.

710 steward

To all 710ers

We were told after the Trustee meeting what the three sticking points holding up this contract. In no particular order.

1. Teamcare
2. Retiree healthcare
3. Increase monthly pension

Not one of these was addressed. What "good" reason why would anyone vote yes for yet another bad offer?

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
I wonder who will run for 705 slate?
I bet there are going to be many people running!
Iam getting gerry zero back lol!
Organizing a winning slate now! I now only back proven, vetted winners! Anyone have the nads to join me? I'm looking for folks who are in the trucks, loaders, unloaders, smalls, DA, support systems, basically 705'ers willing to ask...What the Hell is wrong with this picture?
P.S.- Interested folks will be interrogated and fully vetted by me personally. As this is not my first rodeo,per say, my b.s. filter is on complete blast.

Last edited:

slantnosechevy

To all 710ers

We were told after the Trustee meeting what the three sticking points holding up this contract. In no particular

1. Teamcare
2. Retiree healthcare

Not one of these was addressed. What "good" reason why would anyone vote yes for yet another bad offer?

How do you know these things were not addressed? Were you in negotiations? From your blabbering I'm sure you weren't.
1. Teamcare is here to stay. UPS is out of the insurance business. You can thank several reasons. Obama Care, Wall Street, and just the plain cost of rising healthcare due to boomers.
2. Retirees can't be negotiated for because they are no longer employees. Whatever they received in the past was because the company had been more generous in the past.
3.Monthly pension increases are decided by the fund`s trustees not the negotiating committee.

Bottom line is UPS doesn't play nice. You can strike them but three things will happen.
1. You will never recoup lost wages
2.Companies will divert business and never come back.
3 Teamcare will still be there if and when talks resume.
Hey 710, weren't you the one asked why 710 members think they should get more than the national?. You are a piece of work.

710 steward

How do you know these things were not addressed? Were you in negotiations? From your blabbering I'm sure you weren't.
1. Teamcare is here to stay. UPS is out of the insurance business. You can thank several reasons. Obama Care, Wall Street, and just the plain cost of rising healthcare due to boomers.
2. Retirees can't be negotiated for because they are no longer employees. Whatever they received in the past was because the company had been more generous in the past.
3.Monthly pension increases are decided by the fund`s trustees not the negotiating committee.

Bottom line is UPS doesn't play nice. You can strike them but three things will happen.
1. You will never recoup lost wages
2.Companies will divert business and never come back.
3 Teamcare will still be there if and when talks resume.
Hey 710, weren't you the one asked why 710 members think they should get more than the national?. You are a piece of work.

Slant

Your lack of intelligence and truly understanding each issue never ceases to amaze me.

1. Teamcare, yep its here to stay. One thing that 710ers would like to see changed for them is the one punch a week to what we have now and that's one punch a month to keep your insurance active. Things happen and sometimes people need to miss work due to emergencies.

2. Retiree healthcare. Yep retirees can't participate but those of us who want to control healthcare premiums for our past coworkers and ourselves when we retire can take this stand. Going from $50 a month to $400 a month at the end of the contract is a big jump when the pension isn't going up and being mindful of the current retirees who aren't ever eligible for a financial raise, but ironically enough can watch their premiums raise. It's the member ship's responsibility to take care of our future as well as the past.

3. Pension. I see 705's bump in pension after the hand shake was coincidence? The trustees put that out there to pay for the insurance increases. They could also negotiate a minimal 401k match for a "retirement increase" if they can't work the numbers for a pension increase.

Slant, make sure you read and reread the above before you post. I get it that your lack intelligence, vision, and overall lack of understanding unless someone gets the colored markers and paper out to draw it all out for you. This contract is easy to settle. Listen to your membership. You might be surprised on what can happen.

Last edited:

ski or die

Ski or Die
To all 710ers

We were told after the Trustee meeting what the three sticking points holding up this contract. In no particular order.

1. Teamcare
2. Retiree healthcare

At this point with what is happening on Capitol Hill, the issue of increasing monthly pension maybe mute. The Trustees of most Plans are going to be a little gun shy for a little while. I think one thing that should be addressed in this contract while the opportunity exists is UPS increasing the amount of contribution to the Pension to make sure it stays solid and in the green for now and in the future. I am sure there are many employees nearing retirement and would not like to see their pension cut before they leave.

slantnosechevy

Slant

Your lack of intelligence and truly understanding each issue never ceases to amaze me.

1. Teamcare, yep its here to stay. One thing that 710ers would like to see changed for them is the one punch a week to what we have now and that's one punch a month to keep your insurance active. Things happen and sometimes people need to miss work due to emergencies.

2. Retiree healthcare. Yep retirees can't participate but those of us who want to control healthcare premiums for our past coworkers and ourselves when we retire can take this stand. Going from $50 a month to $400 a month at the end of the contract is a big jump when the pension isn't going up and being mindful of the current retirees who aren't ever eligible for a financial raise, but ironically enough can watch their premiums raise. It's the member ship's responsibility to take care of our future as well as the past.

3. Pension. I see 705's bump in pension after the hand shake was coincidence? The trustees put that out there to pay for the insurance increases. They could also negotiate a minimal 401k match for a "retirement increase" if they can't work the numbers for a pension increase.

Slant, make sure you read and reread the above before you post. I get it that your lack intelligence, vision, and overall lack of understanding unless someone gets the colored markers and paper out to draw it all out for you. This contract is easy to settle. Listen to your membership. You might be surprised on what can happen.

You still didn't explain why you now think 710 members should have better language than other locals.

705's pension is 70% of what it once was.
710's is not going up anytime soon.
Get your strike signs ready because that is what it will take to get retiree relief.

710 steward

You still didn't explain why you now think 710 members should have better language than other locals.

705's pension is 70% of what it once was.
710's is not going up anytime soon.
Get your strike signs ready because that is what it will take to get retiree relief.

What is there to explain? Maybe hall should be a better negotiator.

slantnosechevy

Who ever votes yes and it passes be papaired to :censored2:ed in the ass!

Really? People having the chance of making between $80,000 and $100,000 a year with insurance full time for handling cardboard. Where else are you going to be paid like this for following a system that tells you every stop to make. No load charts to learn. Minimal area knowledge needed to deliver. All you need is common sense and your sweat to get through the day. You have a contract that protects your rights. When this passes YOU STILL HAVE YOUR RIGHTS. All you have to do is grow up and stand up for yourself. Learn to pick your battles. Do your job and go home. It's very simple.

scisector9

This is off topic but what is the current status of Local 710's pension fund? I've been at brown for a little over a year and don't recall receiving any sort of year end report last year or this year.

Are we well funded? The last numbers I could find online were from 2009 I believe at 82% roughly. I have a long way to go, but just curious with all the hub bub going around with the new pension legislation.

Interested to see what this conference call Wednesday for 710 brings. For those interested the flyer is posted at teamsters710 website. Call is at 1900 should be fun to put on speaker while delivering as I'm sure this week will be heavy.

Cheers.

710 steward

Really? People having the chance of making between $80,000 and $100,000 a year with insurance full time for handling cardboard. Where else are you going to be paid like this for following a system that tells you every stop to make. No load charts to learn. Minimal area knowledge needed to deliver. All you need is common sense and your sweat to get through the day. You have a contract that protects your rights. When this passes YOU STILL HAVE YOUR RIGHTS. All you have to do is grow up and stand up for yourself. Learn to pick your battles. Do your job and go home. It's very simple.

Very very few will make the 80 to 100 grand you are ranting about. A great deal of package car drivers don't make that. The new 4 year progression ensures that as well. This isn't about yearly salary. It's about what we all are losing without a trade off of things we want as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Very very few will make the 80 to 100 grand you are ranting about. A great deal of package car drivers don't make that. The new 4 year progression ensures that as well. This isn't about yearly salary. It's about what we all are losing without a trade off of things we want as well.

$80K is not that much of a stretch. My last paycheck put me just over $70K for the year and I get guarantee pay on almost every check.

$100K would require a ton of OT.

710 steward

$80K is not that much of a stretch. My last paycheck put me just over $70K for the year and I get guarantee pay on almost every check.

$100K would require a ton of OT.

How many part timers are making 70 grand? Just like in every contract, it's not just about the full time employees. How many combo employees make that? Granted full scale feeder and package car can if they put in the OT. In the grand scheme of things things a small percentage make that amount yearly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is isn't it? A post making it out like everyone can make that isn't very bright. The fact remains it isn't a good contract. I know you like it, Dave. Kudos for you. 705 and 710 intend to hold on until we get a deal we believe is fair.

Hold out all you want but either way the contract that was agreed upon by your negotiating team will be the contract that will be in place after all is said and done.