710, 705?

710 steward

Hold out all you want but either way the contract that was agreed upon by your negotiating team will be the contract that will be in place after all is said and done.

Unless we can get something like one punch a month like we currently have on healthcare or a 401k match regardless how minimal it may be. You know something that could benefit you and the rest if the country for your next contract. Better to try and fail that not try at all. I mean no offense but I often wonder what side you are on other than you're own.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No offense taken---I am a proud Me-ster.

Healthcare is a foregone conclusion---welcome to Teamcare!

The 401k match is a pipe dream that will never happen.

The one punch rule is also gone.

It's about time you boys realized you are no better than the rest of us.

710 steward

No offense taken---I am a proud Me-ster.

Healthcare is a foregone conclusion---welcome to Teamcare!

The 401k match is a pipe dream that will never happen.

The one punch rule is also gone.

It's about time you boys realized you are no better than the rest of us.

Who ever said better? The master agreement settled for less and they got it.

401k match a pipe dream?? Have you seen the recent developments in congress? At least for 710, over $450 a week into a fund that pays $2800 a month. That's $1800 going into a fund that let's you draw only $2800. At some point those keeping the fund alive deserve something for their retirement.

One punch a week to one or even two a month really isn't a lot to ask for. Time will tell but if we do accomplish something don't complain when the master passed on the first vote.

HollandMan73

Yes.... $1,800 a month to get $3,000 a month is ridiculous. Give me the money in a 401k please. Now that our pension can be cut on a whim after we retire....I'll take the money in a 401k thank you.

HollandMan73

And yes I know the pension payout should go up over time but......710 has basically been paying out the same amount for the past 15 years at least! Definitely not keeping up with the rate at which contributions have gone up.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If less and give backs are more for you, congratulations. Just don't continue to post that those of us who believe you settled for an inferior contract have the problem.

What problem? Teamster healthcare since day one. Little to no out of pocket. Industry leading pay and benefits. $5,400/month pension starting 7/1/2018. 8 weeks of paid time off.

710 steward

What problem? Teamster healthcare since day one. Little to no out of pocket. Industry leading pay and benefits. $5,400/month pension starting 7/1/2018. 8 weeks of paid time off.

If you've had Teamster benefits since day one then you'd never see the difference. Fair enough. Those if us who've had what the company provided see a big drop in quality of coverage.

710 steward

Let me guess. Because the money isn't there?

Unfortunately it is not there to allow this but there is enough money going in weekly to make you a millionaire in less than 25 years. That's a fact. Research it for yourself. Make sure you use a low interest rate at 4 or 5. It's frightening to realize how poorly these plans have been administered.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Unfortunately it is not there to allow this but there is enough money going in weekly to make you a millionaire in less than 25 years. That's a fact. Research it for yourself. Make sure you use a low interest rate at 4 or 5. It's frightening to realize how poorly these plans have been administered.
Not so much poorly administered but trying to make promises that can't be kept. Sometimes you have to say no.