710, 705?

10 point

Like I said...did the job longer than either you or 710. Orion and EDD do make it easier for new drivers. I have run several routes in the blind over the years. It's A LOT easier than the old days. Poor load quality has been around for years. The physicality of the job is on you. If you are scared of that operation report every morning then you would have those opinions. SPOHR means nothing to me and never has. Once it does......they have you running like scared rabbits. You get paid by the hour. Those who don't learn this wont make retirement. 10 year wonders are abundant in every center.
It's all cake.
Thank you for gracing us with your obviously
superior wisdom.
You're the best and we all bow down to you.

I was just trying to read my check to see if I got paid by the hour.
Thanks.

10 point

Maybe you can learn (even at this point of your career) that talking down to people doesn't gain the respect you feel you deserve.

Just wondering.

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
That's pretty much on the company. Considering the two shortened workweeks and the year ending, and still having all the extra seasonals; I'm pretty sure the payroll dept has been working at max capacity. Really, it's only been like 6 business days, so far. I would imagine next week for the raises, and the week after for back pay isn't unreasonable.

Do you have your paystubs so you how many straight/overtime/doubletime hours you worked? You got the applicable language in the ballot packet, have you sat down and figured out what your new pay rate should be, and what they owe you? If you're PT with a seniority date between Aug 1, 2009 & about June 1,2013; it can be a little complicated to figure out.

Ask your FT supervisor and/or call your Business Agent. That's what I would have done, except I already know exactly how much my raise & back pay will be.
Anyone with half a functional mind would:
A) copious notes 're: their time in n time their punch OUT time.
2) tabulate your time& verify every day.
IN Sum I've got a real 'ball-park' idea of what of what I'm owed per the retro pay .
Bet my calculations are more consistent than yours!

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
Sor
You are certainly full of accusations and great at twisting things you don't understand. Without mentioning names I can tell this that 4 labor managers and BA's have verified this. Once again packagetard strikes again. I know you think you are the smartest person who ever worked at UPS, but you are not. Especially when you think that if it didn't happen in your little world it couldn't of happened.

710 steward

You are certainly full of accusations and great at twisting things you don't understand. Without mentioning names I can tell this that 4 labor managers and BA's have verified this. Once again packagetard strikes again. I know you think you are the smartest person who ever worked at UPS, but you are not. Especially when you think that if it didn't happen in your little world it couldn't of happened.

I understand perfectly. You try to give the appearance that you are important by talking with four managers and business agents. Do you really think any one if them gives a rats behind what you think? More importantly why would a BA care what any seasonal did over peak? Better yet, why do you care?

10 point is correct. Our seasonal went out with 6 to 7 hour plans and we're told to make safety their top priority. They were only there to take the edge off others in their areas. Now they'll get their walking papers.

Everything you've accused me of in your above post is delusional. I've never, not once proclaimed myself to be the smartest ever to work for UPS. Nor have I ever said if it doesn't happen in my area it doesn't happen. The difference between you and me is simple. I'm not trying to act like I'm important by talking with anyone who will talk to me. I am able to think for myself and make my own opinions. You are a follower and willing to spew anything you've been told trying to appear to be in the know. There is a saying, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. It scares me to know you are a link in the 710 chain because I realize with you there it's pretty weak.

10 point

The trained seasonals went out with less than 8 hrs. The other seven went out with 3-4 hr dispatches (who got less training by management).

Our routes have blown up by 50% more stops and more than 50% in bulk since 1997 and implementation of edd.

The company is demanding more out of drivers because our pay has doubled in 20 yrs.

We had almost 50 drivers in our center 17 yrs ago and the volume has grown almost 40-50% but now we have 20% less drivers,
and the overtime is thru the roof.

The routes have become somewhat mentally easier due to edd IF the DOLs are correct and we don't get pocket dispatch...minus the consistent poor loads due to a truck jambed full daily.

If veterans such as Slant are so sure that the routes are easier today jump out of your combi vehicle and run one of those jacked up metro routes for 6 months...if you last that long.

AnonyMusser

Well, either the 705 board outright lied when they gave us a 4 week from ratification timeframe for retro checks or the company pulled a fast one. The new ETA is the first week of February.

I was talking with my BA a few days ago and he told me that I will not be getting any sort of retro check due to the fact that I am still in progression. I thought I would be entitled to reimbursement based on the fact that when I started in September of 2013, I was working under the old contract rates. I started at $8.50 for 90 (or 60, can't recall) days, then I made $9.50 for several months until I took the sort test and received skill pay bring me to $10.50. At my 1 year anniversary, I was bumped up to $11.00. Since the contract was backdated to August 2013, I should have started at the $10.00 wage and then received my skill pay and my 1 year anniversary pay bringing me to $11.50. So according to my BA, I am basically screwed. I am subject to the new progression (lower) raises, etc. but I was paid according to the old rates, which is less than what I should have been paid, for over a year. I will receive a bump to $11.50 now but will not be compensated for the previous hours I put in where I was paid below contract rates. Has anyone heard this?

Last edited:

upschuck

If you started after the new contract would have been in effect, you should get the new progression rates, and all retro that comes with it. Have you gotten the progression raise to the new rates?

TheFigurehead

Several stewards relaying information UPS Labor Relations. Also, lots of people reporting shorted raises. $1.20 instead of $1.40.

That's exactly my situation. I'm sure it's "unintentional."

UPS is by far the sketchiest place I've ever worked… and I used to work for one of the country's largest and most reviled health insurance companies. Those people were saints in comparison. Any other company that had 1/100th of the payroll "issues" UPS comes up with would have been sued by now, and the payroll department fired.

AnonyMusser

UPS is by far the sketchiest place I've ever worked… and I used to work for one of the country's largest and most reviled health insurance companies. Those people were saints in comparison. Any other company that had 1/100th of the payroll "issues" UPS comes up with would have been sued by now, and the payroll department fired.
I can't get a straight answer from anyone why my raise is shorted.

AnonyMusser

If you started after the new contract would have been in effect, you should get the new progression rates, and all retro that comes with it. Have you gotten the progression raise to the new rates?
Finished my progression in Sept '13. Getting fed a line from some members about it not being fair to them for me to get full raises so I get shorted ones. All crickets from stewards.

TheFigurehead

I can't get a straight answer from anyone why my raise is shorted.

I can't say what they'll tell us, but the answer is because it benefits UPS. If they short everyone $.20 an hour in their raise, what percentage of those people are going to notice, know what they deserved, and do something about it? Most people won't. Even if it was half, they'd still be saving $.20 an hour on the other half. $.20 x however many hours a week x thousands of employees = more money for corporate and the shareholders with which to line their pockets.

upschuck

Finished my progression in Sept '13. Getting fed a line from some members about it not being fair to them for me to get full raises so I get shorted ones. All crickets from stewards.
You should be at top pay with retro. How is it not fair? You probably spent more time in progression than they did.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I was talking with my BA a few days ago and he told me that I will not be getting any sort of retro check due to the fact that I am still in progression. I thought I would be entitled to reimbursement based on the fact that when I started in September of 2013, I was working under the old contract rates. I started at $8.50 for 90 (or 60, can't recall) days, then I made $9.50 for several months until I took the sort test and received skill pay bring me to $10.50. At my 1 year anniversary, I was bumped up to $11.00. Since the contract was backdated to August 2013, I should have started at the $10.00 wage and then received my skill pay and my 1 year anniversary pay bringing me to $11.50. So according to my BA, I am basically screwed. I am subject to the new progression (lower) raises, etc. but I was paid according to the old rates, which is less than what I should have been paid, for over a year. I will receive a bump to $11.50 now but will not be compensated for the previous hours I put in where I was paid below contract rates. Has anyone heard this?
I think there was some misunderstanding/miscommunication between you and your BA (at least I'd like to give her/him the benefit of the doubt). You should be getting a retroactive back pay check, however you don't get the raises in 22.5(a). You still follow the wage schedule in 22.5(b).