710, 705?

TheFigurehead

And... 705 Teamsters has nothing...

Not to be rude… but I still can't believe you find this at all surprising. It's not as if 705 is going to suddenly start doing it's job. They exist strictly to serve as a place for your dues to disappear. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we have some sort of contract, and I am thankful to those who, in the past, put together the original document that the current leadership is more than willing to give up, line by line, to UPS.

As far as 705 is concerned, they are doing a great job, and are too busy patting themselves on the back to be concerned with you. They passed that joke of a contract overwhelmingly (with a shameful lack of participation from the membership). Everything is sunshine and roses in their little world… and as such, they see no reason to change their "successful" modus operandi.

10 point

Really? People having the chance of making between $80,000 and $100,000 a year with insurance full time for handling cardboard. Where else are you going to be paid like this for following a system that tells you every stop to make. No load charts to learn. Minimal area knowledge needed to deliver. All you need is common sense and your sweat to get through the day. You have a contract that protects your rights. When this passes YOU STILL HAVE YOUR RIGHTS. All you have to do is grow up and stand up for yourself. Learn to pick your battles. Do your job and go home. It's very simple.
"Minimal area knowledge"?

Evidently you're not a driver.
My bid covers 4 counties every day.

The new drivers that were trained at peak (2 permanent replacements that went to Integrad included) couldn't deliver peak volume and added three accidents in about four weeks to our building record that WAS the best safety record in the division.

It's all easy work now isn't it?

Last edited:

710 steward

"Minimal area knowledge"?

Evidently you're not a driver.
My bid covers 4 counties every day.

The new drivers that were trained at peak (2 permanent replacements that went to Integrad included) couldn't deliver peak volume and added three accidents in about four weeks to our building record that WAS the best safety record in the division.

It's all easy work now isn't it?

If you're in feeder like Slant, then yes it's easy work. He is clueless in every level of life.

slantnosechevy

If you're in feeder like Slant, then yes it's easy work. He is clueless in every level of life.

- First there are pkg. drivers in all three states making between $82,000 and $90,000+. I know for a fact 62 recent grads from Integrad made it in empty and accident free all through peek. Are there some who shouldn't be driving? Yes, just as there are some so called veterans who shouldn't. Cry me a river making that kind of money moving cardboard with a diad telling you every move.

Now what's your next thing to whine about?

Last edited by a moderator:

10 point

I've driven commercially since '89' and had a Class A-TX since '92'.

Our grads came in empty with a 6-7 hr dispatch, one tore down a b-ball backboard in the daylight.

Having EDD in your board doesn't spawn ambient area knowledge.

I'm not into personal jabs but would rather address comments about how easy it is to be a safe pkg car driver.

Feeders isn't a cake walk. But pkg takes work to apply all the methods with poor load quality and being bumped onto blind areas.

There's a lot riding on learning and retaining area knowledge as a new driver when you leave the bldg 30-40 min late.

Easier than it used to be? Somewhat easier for everyone but spohr expectations have jumped greatly compared to twenty years ago and the trucks are loaded accordingly with more volume.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not to be rude… but I still can't believe you find this at all surprising. It's not as if 705 is going to suddenly start doing it's job. They exist strictly to serve as a place for your dues to disappear. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we have some sort of contract, and I am thankful to those who, in the past, put together the original document that the current leadership is more than willing to give up, line by line, to UPS.

As far as 705 is concerned, they are doing a great job, and are too busy patting themselves on the back to be concerned with you. They passed that joke of a contract overwhelmingly (with a shameful lack of participation from the membership). Everything is sunshine and roses in their little world… and as such, they see no reason to change their "successful" modus operandi.
Really need to change that avatar.

710 steward

- First there are pkg. drivers in all three states making between $82,000 and $90,000+. I know for a fact 62 recent grads from Integrad made it in empty and accident free all through peek. Are there some who shouldn't be driving? Yes, just as there are some so called veterans who shouldn't. Cry me a river making that kind of money moving cardboard with a diad telling you every move.

Now what's your next thing to whine about?

Your point Is what exactly? "Some" do make what you posted. Most do not. It's a base 65 grand a year job. If you could add you'd know that.

You know for a FACT that 62 recent grads made it in accident free. Did you interview every one of them? Once again someone told you what to believe. Listen Slant, I hear they are remaking The Wizard of Oz. I'll recommend you for the scarecrow. You are a perfect fit. A guy who doesn't have a brain can play a character with the same problem. You can totally relate.

TheFigurehead

Does anyone know When the raises kick in? Anything about the back pay and when we should get it?

Nope… and don't wait around expecting any sort of answer, either. 705 hasn't even bothered to update their website since 11/19. My coworkers only know the contract passed because I found out here and told them.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Does anyone know When the raises kick in? Anything about the back pay and when we should get it?
That's pretty much on the company. Considering the two shortened workweeks and the year ending, and still having all the extra seasonals; I'm pretty sure the payroll dept has been working at max capacity. Really, it's only been like 6 business days, so far. I would imagine next week for the raises, and the week after for back pay isn't unreasonable.

Do you have your paystubs so you how many straight/overtime/doubletime hours you worked? You got the applicable language in the ballot packet, have you sat down and figured out what your new pay rate should be, and what they owe you? If you're PT with a seniority date between Aug 1, 2009 & about June 1,2013; it can be a little complicated to figure out.

Ask your FT supervisor and/or call your Business Agent. That's what I would have done, except I already know exactly how much my raise & back pay will be.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
That's pretty much on the company. Considering the two shortened workweeks and the year ending, and still having all the extra seasonals; I'm pretty sure the payroll dept has been working at max capacity. Really, it's only been like 6 business days, so far. I would imagine next week for the raises, and the week after for back pay isn't unreasonable.

Do you have your paystubs so you how many straight/overtime/doubletime hours you worked? You got the applicable language in the ballot packet, have you sat down and figured out what your new pay rate should be, and what they owe you? If you're PT with a seniority date between Aug 1, 2009 & about June 1,2013; it can be a little complicated to figure out.

Ask your FT supervisor and/or call your Business Agent. That's what I would have done, except I already know exactly how much my raise & back pay will be.

Enough to buy us a round?

slantnosechevy

I've driven commercially since '89' and had a Class A-TX since '92'.

Our grads came in empty with a 6-7 hr dispatch, one tore down a b-ball backboard in the daylight.

Having EDD in your board doesn't spawn ambient area knowledge.

I'm not into personal jabs but would rather address comments about how easy it is to be a safe pkg car driver.

Feeders isn't a cake walk. But pkg takes work to apply all the methods with poor load quality and being bumped onto blind areas.

There's a lot riding on learning and retaining area knowledge as a new driver when you leave the bldg 30-40 min late.

Easier than it used to be? Somewhat easier for everyone but spohr expectations have jumped greatly compared to twenty years ago and the trucks are loaded accordingly with more volume.

Like I said...did the job longer than either you or 710. Orion and EDD do make it easier for new drivers. I have run several routes in the blind over the years. It's A LOT easier than the old days. Poor load quality has been around for years. The physicality of the job is on you. If you are scared of that operation report every morning then you would have those opinions. SPOHR means nothing to me and never has. Once it does......they have you running like scared rabbits. You get paid by the hour. Those who don't learn this wont make retirement. 10 year wonders are abundant in every center.

slantnosechevy

Your point Is what exactly? "Some" do make what you posted. Most do not. It's a base 65 grand a year job. If you could add you'd know that.

You know for a FACT that 62 recent grads made it in accident free. Did you interview every one of them? Once again someone told you what to believe. Listen Slant, I hear they are remaking The Wizard of Oz. I'll recommend you for the scarecrow. You are a perfect fit. A guy who doesn't have a brain can play a character with the same problem. You can totally relate.

You are certainly full of accusations and great at twisting things you don't understand. Without mentioning names I can tell this that 4 labor managers and BA's have verified this. Once again packagetard strikes again. I know you think you are the smartest person who ever worked at UPS, but you are not. Especially when you think that if it didn't happen in your little world it couldn't of happened.