710, 705?

710 steward

So 710 members out there we are the last ones left....

What are your predictions on the vote? Will 705 passing their contact help or hurt us if we vote no again?

As stated previously retro pay not being guaranteed was brought up several times on that call. Major bully tactic. Time will tell I suppose.

Two days of hell plus a couple weeks of minor hell to go.

Cheers and happy holidays!

My guess is it passes. Too many people worried about money they don't have. They aren't concerned about much else because that check is already spent.

If I am hearing correctly 705 received the one punch a month on Teamcare. That was one of the things I was hoping changed knowing Teamcare was inevitable.

Those who vote yes will complain and cry foul soon after ratification and want back what we gave up next time around. You can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink. I just pray that no one gets a long term illness because you'll need to punch in once a week to keep your health insurance.

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
The times come! Yea, voted, have cause to bitch! IE...WHEN DOES THE NEW CONTRACT EXACTLY TAKE EFFECT? 705's Again, giving us nothin!
And wé'ré paying you....merry christmas!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The pay is halfway between 22.3 & feeder. So either feeders who bid 'down' to that accept a $3 wage cut (if my math is right)(just like a pkg driver takes a pay cut when bidding to 22.3), or 22.3s bid 'up' to $3 more.
My math wasn't right, sorry for posting inaccurate info. According to the wages table published, Non-CDL Shifter is $1.91 less than Tractor Driver.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The times come! Yea, voted, have cause to bitch! IE...WHEN DOES THE NEW CONTRACT EXACTLY TAKE EFFECT? 705's Again, giving us nothin!
And wé'ré paying you....merry christmas!
What does "giving us nothin" mean? Are you saying you have been asking stewards, business reps/agents and the executive board questions and have not received any answers?
Are there any specific issues you want more information about? If you just want a simple answer to "WHEN DOES THE NEW CONTRACT EXACTLY TAKE EFFECT?", there isn't a simple answer.

TheFigurehead

Are you saying you have been asking stewards, business reps/agents and the executive board questions and have not received any answers?

Ha… good luck finding one. 99% of the people I work with don't know who their steward is, have never met a union representative of any kind (their peers aside), and are not in any way actively represented. Part timers may as well not even be in the union. The union could care less about us.

Sadly, the only people to blame are our representatives. They make no effort to make themselves known, make themselves useful, or even be bothered to pass along the smallest bits of information.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Ha… good luck finding one. 99% of the people I work with don't know who their steward is, have never met a union representative of any kind (their peers aside), and are not in any way actively represented. Part timers may as well not even be in the union. The union could care less about us.

Sadly, the only people to blame are our representatives. They make no effort to make themselves known, make themselves useful, or even be bothered to pass along the smallest bits of information.
I can certainly see where you're coming from. Did you ever get a call back from the union hall about the upcoming change in operations, or did you not even get a chance to leave a message?

TheFigurehead

I can certainly see where you're coming from. Did you ever get a call back from the union hall about the upcoming change in operations, or did you not even get a chance to leave a message?

Nope, called the hall, and UPS HR… neither deemed it worth calling me back. You'd think the union would be more interested in the operational changes at Addison as, as far as I've heard from most people, if they aren't staying, they're taking the layoff. The only option presented us with a midnight shift is Hodgkins… which is about 40 minutes minimum from Addison. Very few people are willing to commit to a 1.5 hour commute to work for the privilege of working 3.5 hours a day for just about minimum wage… especially those who aren't getting benefits yet. That's going to be alot of people no longer paying dues.

It should also be noted that the last day of normal operations is two weeks from Friday, and absolutely no one knows where / if they are expected to be working come the following monday. Fun times.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Nope, called the hall, and UPS HR… neither deemed it worth calling me back. You'd think the union would be more interested in the operational changes at Addison as, as far as I've heard from most people, if they aren't staying, they're taking the layoff. The only option presented us with a midnight shift is Hodgkins… which is about 40 minutes minimum from Addison. Very few people are willing to commit to a 1.5 hour commute to work for the privilege of working 3.5 hours a day for just about minimum wage… especially those who aren't getting benefits yet. That's going to be alot of people no longer paying dues.

It should also be noted that the last day of normal operations is two weeks from Friday, and absolutely no one knows where / if they are expected to be working come the following monday. Fun times.
It was announced at the Sunday meeting, that 2013 seniority dates were the cutoff for PT. I hope that was correct and no misinformation was disseminated. If a layoff with recall rights was an option, I don't doubt it's the best option for many at the bottom rates and no other benefits yet.

Ron Carey lives on

Sorry 710,705 members discussing your future, the wise and all knowing Atomic Smurf has entered your thread. He will offer no remedies, mind you, but he will blame every single problem you have had since the beginning of time on Obama and Dems

Sent using BrownCafe App

first lady hh 3

What does "giving us nothin" mean? Are you saying you have been asking stewards, business reps/agents and the executive board questions and have not received any answers?
Are there any specific issues you want more information about? If you just want a simple answer to "WHEN DOES THE NEW CONTRACT EXACTLY TAKE EFFECT?", there isn't a simple answer.
WHY ISN'T THERE A SIMPLE ANSWER? As a part-timer w/over 7 yrs service n more sense than a billygoat, I TRULY WANT ANSWERS, (after paying more than a couple grand for 'union representation' LOL), that's the very least I'd expect! Wait in n watching closely!

Last edited:

TheFigurehead

WHY ISN'T THERE A SIMPLE ANSWER? As a part-timer w/over 7 yrs service n more sense than a billygoat, I TRULY WANT ANSWERS, (after paying more than a couple grand for 'union representation' LOL), that's the very least I'd expect! Wait in n watching closely!

It's funny that, with 7 years in, you still think that the teamsters care about what happens to you, your job, or what you think of them. They might help you out in a pinch in you force them to by filing a grievance, but in a case like this, good luck.

first lady hh 3

Not even amusing. I KNOW this bunch is only interested in me showing up to work, so they can collect three (3) times my hourly public.
Regarding representation, I've done very well without them...4 outta 5 monetary grievance wins, just by using common sense n 'the lil black bible's' verbiage.

Last edited: