8:00pm rule?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I sent my stats in at 1300 informing the center I would be in between 2015/2030 at 1900 I got a message asking what could b done to get me in and off the clock by 1945............they didnt like the response that i;d need a Time machine to have someone meet me before 1600 .
I punched out at 2020 and ...................the world didnt end

ManInBrown

Not interested in starting at 8AM. One of the things I like about the job. 8:45 start.

As far as the original topic. Everyone back by 8PM:rofl:

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Reminds me of one of my all time favorite messages. One Xmas I received a message, "all drivers must be in and off by 930" I received this at about 928 45 minutes from the building.......

I sent back sorry didn't pack my time machine today.

bl04a

Is their anyone else out their who were told that everyone has to be off the clock NO LATER then 8:00pm?

Sent using BrownCafe App
The 8:00p.m. rule is in effect at our building. I was heavy enough today that I might not have been off the click by 8pm. Called my supervisor told him I might not make 8pm. They got all of my pickups covered and actually picked up my two misloads. Still clocked out at 7:45 and all is well.

Sent using BrownCafe App

SmithBarney

So what happens when it's 7:55pm and you still have 20 stops left?
Plenty of time left whats the issue.. ;)

We did this for a while(back when) at a Satellite center.. come in early(before the pup) deliver left overs from the day prior, then around noon hit the sat. center for as much as you could handle and roll the rest. Worked out ok, we all had lunch together usually.. :P

S

selfcancelsignal

They want everyone off the clock by 8:00pm and are trying to move our start times up to 8:00am.

Sent using BrownCafe App
How are the start times gonna move up to 8 AM? They can't get the air to most (our) building(s) even close to 8 most days!

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Brown stains

I thought it was a company wide thing that they are doing. But apparently not.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Here in ct it's the same Mondays PCM they said 8pm curfew no exceptions if you have to sheet miss packages so be it ..then they said they wanna find out if it's a dispatch proplem or a lazy driver prop this is to include all breaks not in building by 8 but punch out at 8

brown metal coffin

They told us today and yesterday that we need to be back by 7:30 or 8:00 at the latest and they only moved the start time back from 9:15 to 9:10. Wow wee a whole five minutes. I should be able to move mountains with that. They say its because the volume is lighter. Just had to chuckle at that considering most of us were in the red today.

turdbrown

Sounds like a lot of drivers will be bringing back missed stops. UPS will try to say get them delivered by 8 ... or else. Drivers will go "whatever". So much for service.
when i first started they had told us that we had to be back in the bld by 8pm. I was over dispatched and told them b4 i left the bld and also sent them messages during the day that I would need help if they wanted me back by 8pm. no reply. brought back 60 stops and marked them missed. they were put back on my rt for the next day.so I had all of the reg rt plus 60. had to send me help and I wasn't back by 8!

They told us today and yesterday that we need to be back by 7:30 or 8:00 at the latest and they only moved the start time back from 9:15 to 9:10. Wow wee a whole five minutes. I should be able to move mountains with that. They say its because the volume is lighter. Just had to chuckle at that considering most of us were in the red today.
Come on man! Dig In, skip your lunch!...give a little back! :rofl:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
they will not let me start at 8 or 815am. even though other drivers are allowed to. was told by ctr mgr that I had to start at 830am because I was a 9.5 driver! Thought every employee was suppose to be treated the same? not at UPS. They want everyone back and off by 9pm in our ctr. they had too many drivers run out of hrs during the week.

Grievance time if they have less seniority than you.