8:00pm rule?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The 4 centers in my building were put on a 830pm curfew. Must be inside the building by then no matter how many you bring back. They told us to sheet as missed.
This is asinine. I got an idea. Don't send 10 people home put more trucks on the road and there won't be missed in July.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They want to move up the whole production an hour or so.

Sent using BrownCafe App
They can't here. Preload is never done by 840, never mind 830 or 8. They would have to move up preload by an hour which would overlap with the night sort which can't happen because they use the same facilities and they can't move up the night sort because as it is most of the feeders don't get in until the last half of the shift. It just logistically can't work...or they can do it and pay us to stand there for 40 minutes.

PT Car Washer

That may well be true at your building. At mine there is an almost 2 hour break for the Art 22.3 Midnight/preload employees. And the preload still cannot get wrapped up in time.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
That's prob because you cry and complain about everything. Nobody wants to hear your shyt, so they give you your way. I see guys like you in my center everyday. It's not because your special, it's because you're a whiny little bytch.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.
Um, yeah...duh.

Theking30

SHORTY
In by 8 pm. Never heard of suck a thing.
Sheeting missed to make 8pm That is just dumb.
We got the PCM on calling if your over 9.5. But when you do nothing happens no help no reply.
You want me under 9.5. Then lower the stop count or maybe just give me my sure post back and my stops per hour will go up and miles go down. I can not wait to get Orion. :confused2:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah they told us the same thing yesterday. I proudly punched out at 10pm on dat :censored2: tonight. Couple callouts with the short staffing we already have, and boom that idea went right out the window after 1 day. IMAGINE THAT FOLKS lmfao.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not interested in starting at 8AM. One of the things I like about the job. 8:45 start.

As far as the original topic. Everyone back by 8PM:rofl:
Id start at 6am if they let me if I could be off by 3. The earlier the better. Get your head out of the pillow soldier and wake your :censored2: up and get to work lmfao.

O

OLDMAN3

They hired a truckload of drivers in my center. Word is that they got tired of shelling out $99 an hour for the stacks and stacks of grievances. I think perhaps they are running scared from the idea of the Union being able to set staffing levels. Average paid day is down an hour a day for those that file.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is there something wrong with going to the movies alone?
2951831.jpg

Only If you are wearing a trench coat!
Too hot for that.....just a mankini! lol

OPTION3

when i first started they had told us that we had to be back in the bld by 8pm. I was over dispatched and told them b4 i left the bld and also sent them messages during the day that I would need help if they wanted me back by 8pm. no reply. brought back 60 stops and marked them missed. they were put back on my rt for the next day.so I had all of the reg rt plus 60. had to send me help and I wasn't back by 8!
You are GOLDEN Now! DAY TWO OVER NINE FIVE! You are on the nine-five list….right?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

So the 8:00 cutoff is a corporate thing, not management spinning the random wheel. UPS is pushing their "on time network guarantee", and so are pushing drivers to get in earlier so that the various operations down the line can get wrapped/get started earlier. For those wondering, "how do they expect us to get back sooner when preload still doesn't wrap on time", that is the purpose of getting in earlier for everyone, to try and get loads to their destinations sooner to get their cars on the road on time.

Seeing as how for a long time it seemed many centers (as reported on this board) couldn't even care about the 9.5 metric, I wonder how long before this is moved on from.