8.6 to 8.2 planned day update

87brown

I recently posted information about the new plan that our center had started everyone has an 8.6 planned day. Now we are into the third phase of this after 2 1/2 months. The third phase is now 8.5 planned a day nobody that includes union shop steward's safety and people who drive The air shuttle for an example The air shuttle who picks up the air is in the morning and brings them to the center normally takes about three hours now he is only eligible for another 4 1/2 hours so they have cut that route and a half where previously he would do a normal route day on top of four hours of work because he cannot extend past 9 1/2 hours now everyone else has an 85 day they're trying to push everyone being in at 8 1/2. Just like you guys I was extremely skeptical but I truly believe this company is heading in that direction in addition the company has hired in our center five new drivers to make this plan work in the meantime they have changed all pick ups that would infringe upon drivers make the 85 planned a day so they all have a new pick up times. I will tell you in my 31 years of working with this company I never seen that coming a lot of guys now are truly complaining about the loss of wages because of the lack of overtime and now they're talking about in the end everyone we have an 8.2 day meaning everyone would be in an 8.2 hours. Now I know a lot of guys complain about the overtime but those same guys now are actually working on Saturdays. I mean go figure?truly this is not right they should allow those who want to work the overtime do it and for those that don't should be able to opt out. Anyhow this is one of the reasons why I do not like the new contract they should allow those that want the overtime to get it. apparently it's actually happening in 25 other centers and they are supposed to add more companywide in October. I know sometimes I read things here and think no way that'll never happen and then it comes to our center but this I truly feel they are going to make happen. I know one of the other things Will be is Christmas they can't do it during Christmas according to the center manager they are trying to keep that plan day we actually already have all of the golf carts and trailers at our center I know the middle of October they can start using Christmas help and they anticipate doing that to keep the driver is payday down. Like I said after 31 years of being here I have never seen the company be so aggressive and doing this and getting rid of overtime for all the drivers. I will keep you posted as I hear more.

I recently posted information about the new plan that our center had started everyone has an 8.6 planned day. Now we are into the third phase of this after 2 1/2 months. The third phase is now 8.5 planned a day nobody that includes union shop steward's safety and people who drive The air shuttle for an example The air shuttle who picks up the air is in the morning and brings them to the center normally takes about three hours now he is only eligible for another 4 1/2 hours so they have cut that route and a half where previously he would do a normal route day on top of four hours of work because he cannot extend past 9 1/2 hours now everyone else has an 85 day they're trying to push everyone being in at 8 1/2. Just like you guys I was extremely skeptical but I truly believe this company is heading in that direction in addition the company has hired in our center five new drivers to make this plan work in the meantime they have changed all pick ups that would infringe upon drivers make the 85 planned a day so they all have a new pick up times. I will tell you in my 31 years of working with this company I never seen that coming a lot of guys now are truly complaining about the loss of wages because of the lack of overtime and now they're talking about in the end everyone we have an 8.2 day meaning everyone would be in an 8.2 hours. Now I know a lot of guys complain about the overtime but those same guys now are actually working on Saturdays. I mean go figure?truly this is not right they should allow those who want to work the overtime do it and for those that don't should be able to opt out. Anyhow this is one of the reasons why I do not like the new contract they should allow those that want the overtime to get it. apparently it's actually happening in 25 other centers and they are supposed to add more companywide in October. I know sometimes I read things here and think no way that'll never happen and then it comes to our center but this I truly feel they are going to make happen. I know one of the other things Will be is Christmas they can't do it during Christmas according to the center manager they are trying to keep that plan day we actually already have all of the golf carts and trailers at our center I know the middle of October they can start using Christmas help and they anticipate doing that to keep the driver is payday down. Like I said after 31 years of being here I have never seen the company be so aggressive and doing this and getting rid of overtime for all the drivers. I will keep you posted as I hear more.

Commas, bro. Mother:censored2:ing commas.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Nothing said about planned day here. Something was said about nobody is supposed to go over 9.2 paid though.

Personally, I'm loving it! Come home from work and get to play with my son! Can't put a price on that

Dragon

Package Center Manager
They're doing it in a ton of smaller centers across the country as well. Easy to implement something like this in a one-belt center and see how it maintains. I'm perfectly happy with 40/week, this is nice. Preload is also liking it a lot, easy to keep the truck in order when they don't have to cram packages into every little space.

That said, I'm sure this is going on so they have a clear runway for running start to shove that cock up the 22.4 arse. Curious how this planned day will look if the contract doesn't pass...

4 belt building here...working like a charm. All of sudden we have no problem with people working Saturday...strange.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'm serious.. just trying to be honest here.
giphy (10).gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I see this working quite well in places where UPS has little issue with hiring people. Problem here is, really the only carrot for a perspective new hire is the advantage of overtime to offset the low starting wage. My building in Bay Area runs over 300 routes a day and has a pretty healthy revolving door of new hires. We’re are just one of 8 understaffed buildings in my area.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the guidance i’ve seen for peak is to hire as many helpers as possible to keep the paid day between an 8.5 and a 9, minus the peak days of cyber and christmas week

whatever they’re up to, they’re very serious about reducing the paid day at least up to Christmas

at the least they’re desperate to avoid the 70hr crap from LY

iowa boy

We all know this is just a dog and pony show until the contract is ratified. I will enjoy it until then, but am already planning on having to work 13 or 14 hour days once peak starts.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That's part of the plan. You know way too many drivers live beyond their means.

Maybe that or the fact guys aren't run down from long days all week.

We have tons of 4x10 feeder runs. The guys all hate them financially but also say how much easier life is when they have all the extra time at home.

I'm also guessing it would be easier to get new drivers with a shorter work day.

Maybe that or the fact guys aren't run down from long days all week.

We have tons of 4x10 feeder runs. The guys all hate them financially but also say how much easier life is when they have all the extra time at home.

I'm also guessing it would be easier to get new drivers with a shorter work day.
I'll take the money or the short day. I don't live paycheck to paycheck

I only got a $50 raise one year because my average dispatch was 8.9 hours instead of the 8.7 goal. In the remarks of what I was going to work on, I put “hire an extra driver so I can hit my planned day quotta.”

Limper

Out For Delivery
the guidance i’ve seen for peak is to hire as many helpers as possible to keep the paid day between an 8.5 and a 9, minus the peak days of cyber and christmas week

And how is this done when the air can’t get to the bldg in time, drivers on the clock 45 min before they even start the car, and daily air meets?