8/9/18 The 2 Man Meeting

542thruNthru

I give up man! I will check in and might say something here or there, but people won't understand till it happens. It's a colossal waste of energy.

It's was a joke.
tenor-22.gif

Time for change

My only retort for you is, how much should the company be allowed to make? How much should you be allowed to make? How much should a part-time job pay out? Wouldn't it almost be better if UPS stopped turning a good profit?
Maybe part time should have a $22 per gap? Maybe part time should be regressing instead of progressing? Maybe someone that has worked here 3 years should make exactly what someone off the street makes? Maybe a driver should be full scale after 4 years, but a part timer after 15 years is still $12 an hour behind other part timers? Maybe with the greatest contract ever two part timers with exact same seniority date and doing the exact same job can make a different wage? I do know a $1.50 catch up raise for existing part timers would not sink the company, might cost them a couple hundred million that they can afford, paying them all the $1 an hour for calling them skilled might sink the company though. And paying the designated responders $1 like in union proposal would also be the end for the company.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My only retort for you is, how much should the company be allowed to make? How much should you be allowed to make? How much should a part-time job pay out? Wouldn't it almost be better if UPS stopped turning a good profit?
Absolutely not, but the people who make that profit possible should benefit from it also. Would it have caused UPS to not make a profit if they had given a dollar a year a raise instead of the 70, 75, 80, 90, 1.00?
You are the one who kept tossing out how much the contract was worth. I just wanted to show you that 14.8 billion isn't as impressive as you kept making it out to be

Tony Q

Absolutely not, but the people who make that profit possible should benefit from it also. Would it have caused UPS to not make a profit if they had given a dollar a year a raise instead of the 70, 75, 80, 90, 1.00?
You are the one who kept tossing out how much the contract was worth. I just wanted to show you that 14.8 billion isn't as impressive as you kept making it out to be
Alright

Tony Q

Maybe part time should have a $22 per gap? Maybe part time should be regressing instead of progressing? Maybe someone that has worked here 3 years should make exactly what someone off the street makes? Maybe a driver should be full scale after 4 years, but a part timer after 15 years is still $12 an hour behind other part timers? Maybe with the greatest contract ever two part timers with exact same seniority date and doing the exact same job can make a different wage? I do know a $1.50 catch up raise for existing part timers would not sink the company, might cost them a couple hundred million that they can afford, paying them all the $1 an hour for calling them skilled might sink the company though. And paying the designated responders $1 like in union proposal would also be the end for the company.
Alright.