8/9/18 The 2 Man Meeting

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Yawn.

I can't tell if that's an attempt at humor, or you are woefully uninformed.

If that photo isn’t telling for members like me. No wonder we aren’t represented!

Skin color is not a prerequisite, or even a consideration, for who gets sent to the meeting.

And no.... you're not under-represented.

Ever hear of the TNBC ?

https://teamster.org/content/national-black-caucus

TNBC Home

How about the Teamsters women conference ?

Teamster Women's Conference

These opportunities are available for rank and file members.

My Local (and most others) send employee Delegate's to each convention.

Pay for their airfare, lodging, and meals.

Yea someone like me is going to fundamentally change the union by runnning for steward and making it big in the union running against BUG the Thug and his pack of cronies. Lol!!!!

No guts.... No glory.

You, always with the insults.

I understand your thoughts and concerns.... I really do.

But, your whole Social Justice Warrior (SJW) attitude is getting to be tedious.

-Bug-

Time for change

Yawn.

Skin color is not a prerequisite, or even a consideration, for who gets sent to the meeting.

Ever hear of the TNBC ?

https://teamster.org/content/national-black-caucus

TNBC Home

How about the Teamsters women conference ?

Teamster Women's Conference

These opportunities are available for rank and file members.

My Local (and most others) send employee Delegate's to each convention.

Pay for their airfare, lodging, and meals.

No guts.... No glory.

You, always with the insults.

I understand your thoughts and concerns.... I really do.

But, your whole Social Justice Warrior (SJW) attitude is getting to be tedious.

-Bug-

I’m not even a very liberal woman, anyone who works at UPS, particularly outside an urban setting, knows the culture of UPS/Teamsters in pretty archaic. I will not beat out any of the good old boys at my center and neither will any woman that would ever try. You see countless able bodied women turned down for jobs in favor of some sketchy white dude that looks like he is on meth, despite the obvious fact that way more men are in the building. Locker rooms are set up that way also, women have one tiny restroom and men have a large locker room. Even a politically moderate woman that might even be right of center on many issues like myself or a reasonable man can see the culture at UPS needs changing, I guess it’s being a social justice warrior, and I’m good with that.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yawn.

-Bug-

Ever hear that saying a picture is worth a thousand words?
The picture provided by 'UPS Rising', that I posted, tells the the reality of 'people of color' representation in the Teamster leadership in the Union Locals.

UPS has made a concerted over the last three decades to promote leadership that is representative of the UPS hourly employee population.

Why haven't the Teamsters done the same?

Box Ox

UPS has made a concerted over the last three decades to promote leadership that is representative of the UPS hourly employee population.

Have minorities been discouraged from running for Teamster leadership positions? I suspect the Union can't hire its way into greater diversity of leadership.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I will not beat out any of the good old boys at my center and neither will any woman that would ever try.

Uh....

There is a IBT Vice President, that is female.

https://teamster.org/about/leadership

Your whole "whoa is me" diatribe.... is getting old.

The company can promote (and postulate) how diverse they are.

Union officials are elected, by the general membership.

Why are management people leaving.... in droves ?

No future.

-Bug-

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Why are management people leaving.... in droves ? No future.

- Big Ugly Goon -
So that means the general membership is racist?

hook.jpg

Time for change

Uh....

There is a IBT Vice President, that is female.

Leadership

Your whole "whoa is me" diatribe.... is getting old.

Why are management people leaving.... in droves ?

No future.

-Bug-

There is no whoa is me, I’m doing well in life and am not ashamed to fight for more. You can’t look at the entirety of union leadership and say it is equal opportunity. Well you can if you’re a fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Box Ox

So that means the general membership is racist?

View attachment 206841

You’d have to know two things to make such a conclusion: 1)That minority Teamsters are actually running for leadership positions, and 2) That if they actually are, and they lose their elections, that they lost because of their race, and not their ideas or message.

Trumpees shouldn’t be labeled misogynists because they didn’t vote for the female in the 2016 Presidential election either. And HC didn’t lose because she’s a female.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You’d have to know two things to make such a conclusion: 1)That minority Teamsters are actually running for leadership positions, and 2) That if they actually are, and they lose their elections, that they lost because of their race, and not their ideas or message.
I don't need to know 1 or 2 ... all I need to know is reflected in the picture of the Local Teamster Leadership in the picture.

View attachment 206737

Time for change

Trumpees shouldn’t be labeled misogynists because they didn’t vote for the female in the 2016 Presidential election either. And HC didn’t lose because she’s a female.

Absolutely Hillary lost because she is corrupt and evil. How’s that from a black social warrior woman.

Doubleparkedrunner

image.jpeg
I’m not even a very liberal woman, anyone who works at UPS, particularly outside an urban setting, knows the culture of UPS/Teamsters in pretty archaic. I will not beat out any of the good old boys at my center and neither will any woman that would ever try. You see countless able bodied women turned down for jobs in favor of some sketchy white dude that looks like he is on meth, despite the obvious fact that way more men are in the building. Locker rooms are set up that way also, women have one tiny restroom and men have a large locker room. Even a politically moderate woman that might even be right of center on many issues like myself or a reasonable man can see the culture at UPS needs changing, I guess it’s being a social justice warrior, and I’m good with that.

Tony Q

So UPS is paying out a quarterly dividend of 700 million to stock holders this quarter . If they keep that same payout for the life of the contract that comes out to 14 billion. So should we still be impressed with your mythical 14.8 billion?
My only retort for you is, how much should the company be allowed to make? How much should you be allowed to make? How much should a part-time job pay out? Wouldn't it almost be better if UPS stopped turning a good profit?

Last edited: