8 hour GTD

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Dragon- I'm afraid part of the call is not being able to afford the sticky part of call tags. It's that bad; here anyway.

We had no DR bags during the rainiest week of peak. When asked about it at the PCM our center manager stated we wouldn't be getting them for awhile because it was the end of the quarter. We were also told we should look for the most secure and covered area so the packages wouldn't get wet. My favorite was when I DR'd one of those honey-baked hams to a townhome with absolutely no coverage at all in the middle of the rain. I wound up cannibalizing FedEx bags

Really? DR bags? That's the hill they want to die on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At our pre brief this morning, management said that UPS is no longer giving free time away. They said if you have completed all your work and you want your Guaranteed 8 hours then you must call a supervisor. I understand it from a company standpoint...because many cuts will rape their route and come back in, clock out and take the 05. But I have a huge problem with it overall and I can see the direction they are going with it

Why the hell should any of us have to call a supervisor to tell them we want our guaranteed 8 when we have already reported to work and are guaranteed 8 from the minute we clock in. I am sure as hell not doing “05” when I clock in.

Talked to a union steward briefly afterwards and he said it was the first he had heard this and was going to get to the bottom of it.

Thoughts?!
That’s how it works here.

Cc3490

I can't recall EVER being dispatched under 8 hours in 30 years--- unless I had specifically asked for it or maybe a few Christmas eves. Are you saying that even with all the "computer/scanning/telematics stuff" they have at their disposal now days the dispatch was better controlled back in the stone age when I worked?
Back when you guys had to learn how to do 80 stops by hand that were in a 500 foot section of a strip mall. You're just another boomer

watdaflock?

"They said if you have completed all your work and you want your Guaranteed 8 hours then you must call a supervisor."

Well, that’s the most ridiculous response I’ve heard. Where did I complain about being forced to work? I am in a union for a reason so I am seeking advice from union brothers.
"But I have a huge problem with it overall and I can see the direction they are going with it" This is where you complained about being forced to work.

It's called we "work as instructed"

Hope this helps.

specter208

As I told my center manager when playing this game, I needed to get trained on how to sweep or clean as that was their “punishment” to those wanting their 8. We were told come in and find a supervisor when returning to building. We WAD and A bunch of us asked to be trained on cleaning as we don’t know how to do it, we ended up washing trucks and re parking them.
That's good honest work right there.

Whither

Scofflaw
PCM yesterday sups 'instructed' us to use code 05 and that they would be sending help to make sure we all got home early. I interjected "And for those of us that want our 8?" "That's fine, let us know and we'll make sure you get 8 hours of work." Went up to 2 on-cars before leaving, told em I wanted my 8 and looked like I was dispatched about 8 hrs work, so don't bother sending help. "No, we're gonna send you help, and take it -- first we gotta even out the dispatch. Don't worry, we'll get you 8 hrs of work."

Round noon I met a PVD who had instructions to take more than 1/3 of my remaining stops haha. I only gave him 20, carried on at a relaxed pace, and still finished 1.5 hrs before I could start pickups. Took my 10, then contacted the center. "There's really no work to give you. No driver has more than 15 stops left." Had a good chuckle, drove to my first pickup and spent a solid hour collecting DT to read the contract and goof off.

Faceplanted

ORS are gone...that is why they want you to call. It is a ghost town in the evening even in the regular part of the year.

I cannot wait to listen in on the call this Friday about 2020 from Atlanta...
Sounds like a management issue....... there needs to be somebody calling shots if there is an issue. Instead u lazy :censored2:s go home

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Last edited: