8-hours denied

Management has denied all 8 hour request for last week and this week. Am I correct that they will have to pay penalty on everyone of them that should have been approved?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Management has denied all 8 hour request for last week and this week. Am I correct that they will have to pay penalty on everyone of them that should have been approved?

Should have been or have already been approved? Huge difference.

If they have stated that they will not honor them then they have no obligation to pay them if they are submitted after the fact.

I would think that those submitted before this arbitrary decision should either be honored or paid.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

If they have stated that they will not honor them then they have no obligation to pay them if they are submitted after the fact.

I would think that those submitted before this arbitrary decision should either be honored or paid.
If I remeber right, they can't tell everyone no.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you are covered under the Master.... for 8 hour requests.

"The Center Manager and the Steward shall process such requests based on seniority. The Employer shall allow a minimum of ten percent (10%) of the package car drivers worked in any Center off on a daily basis. No package car driver’s dispatch will be adjusted more than two (2) times per month. It is understood that to accomplish the above the Employer may need to provide an earlier start time. This subsection applies regardless of whether the driver has opted in or out pursuant to the provisions of subsection (c) below. Such requests shall not be submitted during the months of November and December."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

The Central Region has better language.

-Bug-

542thruNthru

Where the hell do you come up with this crap lol

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you are covered under the Master.... for 8 hour requests.

"The Center Manager and the Steward shall process such requests based on seniority. The Employer shall allow a minimum of ten percent (10%) of the package car drivers worked in any Center off on a daily basis. No package car driver’s dispatch will be adjusted more than two (2) times per month. It is understood that to accomplish the above the Employer may need to provide an earlier start time. This subsection applies regardless of whether the driver has opted in or out pursuant to the provisions of subsection (c) below. Such requests shall not be submitted during the months of November and December."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

The Central Region has better language.

-Bug-
None of this changes the fact that management is denying 8 hour request at his location. (Maybe not even a UPS employee as you can be who you want on Internet). UPS will do as it pleases. Business as usual.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
We get approved for them but never really get them. At this point I just put in for them just for the grievance money anymore. Free beer money every month......winner

Over70irregs

We get approved for them but never really get them. At this point I just put in for them just for the grievance money anymore. Free beer money every month......winner
Penalty 2hours of OT? Ive never filed on it. Plus you can sign up again if you don’t get it. But watch out for end of month shenanigans.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

In the central you can bring it back on an 8 hour day

I only had to do it once. After that they figured out how many stops I needed to get done in 8 hours