8-hours denied

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Except how to stay married

3a7.jpg

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Nothing, especially if they announced well in advance that they would not be honoring any 8 hour requests as of a specific date and that any requests submitted on or after that date would be discarded.

They would have had to have coordinated this with the union prior to posting this announcement.

Think about it------you guys are in Peak mode-----how fair would it be to your loop mates if they had to not only deliver their Peak volume but also had to deliver a portion of yours because you just didn't feel like working beyond 8 hours that day?

What's next-----taking FMLA during Peak to play Daddy for an 11 month old "newborn"?
Shut up.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish the southern supplement had stronger 8 hr request language. Many of our drivers only request them hoping to get the penalty pay when over dispatched. Similar language would probably reduce those requests down to drivers that really just want an 8 hour day. You’d think management would try their best to ALWAYS send help to a driver that’s about to pick get penalty pay but they don’t. They seem to hate drivers bringing unfinished routes back more than paying the penalty.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I wish the southern supplement had stronger 8 hr request language. Many of our drivers only request them hoping to get the penalty pay when over dispatched. Similar language would probably reduce those requests down to drivers that really just want an 8 hour day. You’d think management would try their best to ALWAYS send help to a driver that’s about to pick get penalty pay but they don’t. They seem to hate drivers bringing unfinished routes back more than paying the penalty.
Evidently it's cheaper to make them file the grievance, wait months for the hearing, deadlock it (with the hope the grievant dies in the meantime) than to put another driver on the road.

They have it down to the nickel but if enough filed it would overload their system. I thought that we were in a union and paid dues so where did all the spineless workers come from?

Spineless BAs or from the cowardice they see in their work groups?

Pretty sad. We could be true blue collar workers if we'd only stand tall.

Overpaid Union Thug

Evidently it's cheaper to make them file the grievance, wait months for the hearing, deadlock it (with the hope the grievant dies in the meantime) than to put another driver on the road.

They have it down to the nickel but if enough filed it would overload their system. I thought that we were in a union and paid dues so where did all the spineless workers come from?

Spineless BAs or from the cowardice they see in their work groups?

Pretty sad. We could be true blue collar workers if we'd only stand tall.
Standing tall nowadays means throwing a hissy fit over having to take a negotiated, and mandatory (in some supplements), lunch break while also maintaining the highest level of apathy during contract negotiations.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Standing tall nowadays means throwing a hissy fit over having to take a negotiated, and mandatory (in some supplements), lunch break while also maintaining the highest level of apathy during contract negotiations.
If you're a steward, BA, or P.O. the question remains...will you do what you promised when you ran for office? Your job is to face the wind and not back down. Otherwise get out of the way and let someone else do the job for you and the rest of the membership who may be waiting for a true leader to lead.

Not everyone is a leader. Jimmy Hoffa Sr. was a leader. He gave up a normal lifestyle to help millions of workers looking for someone to embody what they knew down deep in their heart needed to be fixed. They bled in the streets to fight corporate greed.

There are Jimmys out there. Now is the time to stand up.

A.Spooner

Read them. They're JAC decisions from the Central Region.
THAT'S where they're posted.
Ask your BA if it's current.
It is.

Can you explain what the JAC acronym stands for? I’ve only been a driver for 4 years and just started holding them accountable for the 8 hour requests. Last week I had one approved, and they pulled me aside on that day and try to talk me out of it and said unfortunately there’s nothing they could do. I said that’s fine I’ll take the penalty pay, and they were extremely pissed that I wouldn’t buy their BS excuse and asked me not to file. I laughed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Can you explain what the JAC acronym stands for? I’ve only been a driver for 4 years and just started holding them accountable for the 8 hour requests. Last week I had one approved, and they pulled me aside on that day and try to talk me out of it and said unfortunately there’s nothing they could do. I said that’s fine I’ll take the penalty pay, and they were extremely pissed that I wouldn’t buy their BS excuse and asked me not to file. I laughed.
Joint Area Committee

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can you explain what the JAC acronym stands for?

Joint Area Committee

And in this instance.... is specific to the Central Region.

Section 2

(a) The UPS Joint Area Committee shall be composed of United Parcel Service representatives from the following Local Unions: 7, 17, 20, 40, 41, 89, 90, 92, 100, 120, 135, 200, 215, 236, 238, 243, 245, 332, 337, 344, 346, 348, 377, 406, 407, 413, 455, 554, 637, 638, 651, 688, 696, 795, 823, 908, 957, and 964.

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

-Bug-