8 year part timer question

wilberforce15

Correction: "No one here would have been able to..."

That much is proven.

It may no longer be ethical to continue engaging in this battle of wits. After all, you are all unarmed.

Hit "like" if you need me to explain that to you.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Correction: "No one here would have been able to..."

That much is proven.

It may no longer be ethical to continue engaging in this battle of wits. After all, you are all unarmed.

Hit "like" if you need me to explain that to you.

Translation - "I'm outmatched! Gonna get one last, totally sick burn in before running away with my tail between my legs".

wilberforce15

I'm just trying to figure out how someone as brilliant as you ended up at ups.
When you don't know something, asking is the first step.

I haven't gone driving because my household income would go down. Pt work here is a dream as a complement to high hourly rates as an independent contractor elsewhere. That way, I don't have to pay for benefits at all.

By pairing this with my work as a private tutor for high school and college math, I get to hang out at the pool or park with my kids most days, and still make roughly the same for my house as a driver who has to be out delivering toilet paper at 9pm.

I know a lot of hourlies with advanced degrees who do the same.

Smart, eh?

wilberforce15

I wasn't arguing, I was educating. Can't get through to some people, though.

This whole conversation is like watching toddlers arguing over how to drive a car. None of them know what they are doing, but the smartest one is able to wreck the car and be proud of himself.

Meanwhile, the toddlers can all agree that the adult is the one who doesn't know what he's doing.

wilberforce15

The biggest shortcoming of the ignorant is that it takes competence to have self-awareness. That means the ignorant are always going to be the most self-confident and least able to learn.

wilberforce15

For someone so ignorant, that's pretty self-aware of you to admit.

Yeah, high self-confidence also appears among the super-competent, for whom the subject matter is child's play.

There is also an inherent communication breakdown when people are more than two standard deviations apart in intelligence. They literally cannot communicate with one another on a meaningful level.

We're probably looking at four standard deviations, here. There isn't much hope.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This whole conversation is like watching toddlers arguing over how to drive a car. None of them know what they are doing, but the smartest one is able to wreck the car and be proud of himself.

Meanwhile, the toddlers can all agree that the adult is the one who doesn't know what he's doing.

But you and I are the most active people in this conversation. Communication is absolutely a majority rules issue. I explained the rules to you, the majority agrees with my assertions, and you refuse to accept anything that is outside the scope of your very narrow view. I have been mopping the floor with you this whole time, but you think you are winning. Pretty sad.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, high self-confidence also appears among the super-competent, for whom the subject matter is child's play.

There is also an inherent communication breakdown when people are more than two standard deviations apart in intelligence. They literally cannot communicate with one another on a meaningful level.

We're probably looking at four standard deviations, here. There isn't much hope.

Thanks for admitting that. There's hope for you yet.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What makes this even more tragic, is while I am establishing how correct I am so easily, I'm not even giving it close to my full attention. Just what I can do between stops. Gotta focus on the road now. Peace.

wilberforce15

What makes this even more tragic, is while I am establishing how correct I am so easily, I'm not even giving it close to my full attention. Just what I can do between stops. Gotta focus on the road now. Peace.

Yeah, I'm chilling at the pool all day and make more than you.

I love when a driver looks at me like I'm a low wage bum while I sit, unshaved, around the house at noon getting boxes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, I'm chilling at the pool all day and make more than you.

I love when a driver looks at me like I'm a low wage bum while I sit, unshaved, around the house at noon getting boxes.

I have zero preconceived notions about you whatsoever. Don't care what you do in your day to day. Only thing that matters is what's right. Einstein wouldn't go to Japan and start calling everyone there idiots because they didn't speak German.

wilberforce15

I have zero preconceived notions about you whatsoever. Don't care what you do in your day to day. Only thing that matters is what's right. Einstein wouldn't go to Japan and start calling everyone there idiots because they didn't speak German.

Umm, I'm insulting these people because they don't read English well, and only proceeded with those insults after the idiots insulted the smart one.