80¢ raise

What are you going to do with the money?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
IMG_20200803_202213679.jpg

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Four years to make top pay? Somewhere along the line you all are all going to have to grow a pair and quit voting YES.
I understand it used to be 2 years. But where I'm coming from, I'll gladly wait 4 years to make almost $40. I was at FedEx Express for 17 years, never made top rate, $22.52 with topping out nowhere in sight. I was making more at UPS just after 2 years! I see a former coworker on my route still with Express and not top rate yet making less than me. So yeah, 4 years, mind you guaranteed time frame, ain't sheet to me. Perspective.

PT Car Washer

I understand it used to be 2 years. But where I'm coming from, I'll gladly wait 4 years to make almost $40. I was at FedEx Express for 17 years, never made top rate, $22.52 with topping out nowhere in sight. I was making more at UPS just after 2 years! I see a former coworker on my route still with Express and not top rate yet making less than me. So yeah, 4 years, mind you guaranteed time frame, ain't sheet to me. Perspective.
Used to be 90 days to top rate.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I first started UPS in 1971 it was 90 days to reach FULL pay. Look how much has been lost over the years.

PT Car Washer

When I first started UPS in 1971 it was 90 days to reach FULL pay. Look how much has been lost over the years.
I started in 1977 as a preloader and earned about $.60/hr less then FT drivers after 90 days and had full benefits including Holiday pay. No weekends or Holidays and PT or FT sups knew they should not handle any packages or there would be grievance filed and they would stick.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Used to be 90 days to top rate.
Sweet.
I wasn't even born back then.
I started in 1977 as a preloader and earned about $.60/hr less then FT drivers after 90 days and had full benefits including Holiday pay. No weekends or Holidays and PT or FT sups knew they should not handle any packages or there would be grievance filed and they would stick.
Respect. You were starting your career, I was starting life.

you get NOTHING
Funny the UPS I work for only the Supervisors and Drivers will get a bonus for the pandemic hazard pay. We were told that the Union asked for a raise for us but the company shut it down. Everyday we work we are constantly putting ourselves as well as family members in danger I think this is wrong so wrong. We are worked treated and talked to like slaves Supervisors DON'T do :censored2:. Drivers DON'T touch NO PACKAGES but these the one's that getti g some form of payment I work in the hub. I am a sorter I bag debag load unload they just floats me around the building. Is there anyone else that's. Having this problem or know anything that can be done.

PT Car Washer

Funny the UPS I work for only the Supervisors and Drivers will get a bonus for the pandemic hazard pay. We were told that the Union asked for a raise for us but the company shut it down. Everyday we work we are constantly putting ourselves as well as family members in danger I think this is wrong so wrong. We are worked treated and talked to like slaves Supervisors DON'T do :censored2:. Drivers DON'T touch NO PACKAGES but these the one's that getti g some form of payment I work in the hub. I am a sorter I bag debag load unload they just floats me around the building. Is there anyone else that's. Having this problem or know anything that can be done.
I am not aware of any UPS Union members receiving hazard pay. Enlighten me.

I am not aware of any UPS Union members receiving hazard pay. Enlighten me.
We are not getting it only the Supervisors and drivers at my hub I know this because after work I hang out with some Supervisors and that's all they're talking about. When I asked my Union rep he told me that the Union asked for a raise but it was shut down

We are not getting it only the Supervisors and drivers at my hub I know this because after work I hang out with some Supervisors and that's all they're talking about. When I asked my Union rep he told me that the Union asked for a raise but it was shut down
We are the ones that's doing all the work and we get nothing

PT Car Washer

Must be location specific because I have not heard a word about extra hazard pay at my building. As far as an additional raise in the middle of a contract, no way.