804leadersunited

anHOURover

To use YRC is shameful this company has been in bad even before Ron Carey going to IBT. Do you have how hard it is to bargain for all and not one?

Your main concern shouldn't be to stop the company from making money! It's too put as much money and benefits in your members pockets and establishing growth for your members to retire and eventually replace members with new union brothers and sisters.

Tell us what ideas you have come up with to help the union nation! Striking shouldn't be your first option! Every member isn't in your position to walk off the job! The only reason 89 president wanted to walk was because he knew every local would go out in solidarity without knowing the facts. That's not being a leader! That's an opportunist
My main concern was not stopping the company from making money. My main con we was to get improvements and not CONCESSIONS! the lawyer jimmy h has Been dealing nothing but concessions for years now!

Did they screw members out of there votes? Did they get members a weaker insurance plan? Did they try to make it so members lost their vote to elect the president of the Teamsters union? Didn't think so.
@hyena I spent some time with your guy. Trust me when I say this. He is nothing to write him about. He would be in way over his head.

member6045

Did they screw members out of there votes? Did they get members a weaker insurance plan? Did they try to make it so members lost their vote to elect the president of the Teamsters union? Didn't think so.

Only one local got screwed.

What was the next option for members if IBT didn't take over healthcare. I'm sure ups would have put the screws to the members! They didn't want the responsibility. Local 804 could have fought for part timers to come in healthcare.

hyena

What was the next option for members if IBT didn't take over healthcare. I'm sure ups would have put the screws to the members! They didn't want the responsibility. Local 804 could have fought for part timers to come in healthcare.
Teamsters wanted the healthcare, it was the higher ups plan all along they proposed the change after H said we wouldn't pay any more to a company making record profits

804brown

I will reply to your statement when you answer my question.

I tell you what! If it's so easy to walk! Why didn't Verizon go out again? To strike is a great thing! Also a last resort! The majority of full time employees at ups making over $30 an hour. With benefits could be $60 an hour.
I disagree. In 1997, we went on strike over UPS' use of part timers and their proposals to take over our pensions. It wasn't about how much money we made an hour or our health benefits. Sometimes it is necessary to take a principled stand against injustice and "unfair labor practices".

anHOURover

1 local? Yoooo SLUG get your facts straight!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I disagree. In 1997, we went on strike over UPS' use of part timers and their proposals to take over our pensions. It wasn't about how much money we made an hour or our health benefits. Sometimes it is necessary to take a principled stand against injustice and "unfair labor practices".

The strike was all about UPS wanting to take control of our pensions.

In hindsight we should have allowed them to do so.

member6045

The strike was all about UPS wanting to take control of our pensions.

In hindsight we should have allowed them to do so.

Ups had been lobbying for some form of legislation for years! There work only paid of when Pension Protection act came into effect!

The big companies bought out or ran out the little guys and every big company was looking for a break and went into multi employer pension funds not realizing that there greed would make them kick in for the companies they ran out of business.

Pension funds had very little problems of sustainability until the PPA was passed! It never mattered because the responsibility of funds went on the company! Now it's

Our leaders are fixing the mess from the 80s and 90s today and unfortunately we have a government that refuses to help the working class.