85% Trace is back... priorities.

Brownwind

Delivering and Orion don’t mix. We rebid last month and I ended up with a burbs route. I go into the same neighborhoods 2 to 3 times a day. Deliver 2 streets and leave to a different area. Deliver 3 streets and move on. 2 hours later go back to first neighborhood and do 3 more streets. End of day go back and finish both off. Stupidity at its finest.
Good news is you can break route 15 times per 100 stops. I have 55 so they told me 7 and don’t worry if I’m under.
It doesn’t make sense. I just do it and poor another coffee and carry on.

Commercial Inside Release

Delivering and Orion don’t mix. We rebid last month and I ended up with a burbs route. I go into the same neighborhoods 2 to 3 times a day. Deliver 2 streets and leave to a different area. Deliver 3 streets and move on. 2 hours later go back to first neighborhood and do 3 more streets. End of day go back and finish both off. Stupidity at its finest.

Sounds like a hodgepodge route, assembled from parts of other routes, that high seniority whiners coerced the dispatcher into sticking you with. Their numbers look good and they have an easy day, and you are stuck with every dead end street with ultracrappy driveways.

It's the UPS tradition. Union, but still every man for himself.

Sporhwhore

We got hit with: Orion trace, number of backs, backing distance and over allowed all in the same pcm which if you think about it, all four of them work against each other, it is completely impossible to make all four of them happen: follow stupid trace backs go up… walk everything off paid day goes up…. DIAD updates non stop all day long getting you to your pickups 2 hours early and businesses 2 hours late…. Here we go again thought this was over and done with but contract getting closer 🤔

R1wonder

I don’t understand it either. Stop trying to run the business, work as instructed, and this becomes the “union” job everyone wants.
I really don’t care I have a Main Street I have to do a specific direction or I can’t park . I had a 10 mile ride along a lake for a “10:30” air , but it’s a house . I ran it how I wanted . They never messed with me the two years I was on it , as of last week I bid off the run tho . I haven’t looked at those stupid papers they post of our numbers in 7 years . I have no idea if I’m under or over or my miles or my orion. I don’t give a rats ass . Their numbers are stupid and make zero sense . Computer can say last stop is 6:15 and I’ll do it at 6:15 and then they say I’m an hour over . :censored2: them and their silly requests . I do want I want . I also take lunch , During a lunch hour . Unlike all the damn folks who run all day and take it at the end .

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Following trace has been a non issue for what seems like two years ...until today

We were told in pcm that we must make 85% trace again.

Heck, I'll blow that up just doing my pickups in the correct order instead of the random order Orion seems to put them in everyday.

At least we know where there current priorities are

I really don’t care I have a Main Street I have to do a specific direction or I can’t park . I had a 10 mile ride along a lake for a “10:30” air , but it’s a house . I ran it how I wanted . They never messed with me the two years I was on it , as of last week I bid off the run tho . I haven’t looked at those stupid papers they post of our numbers in 7 years . I have no idea if I’m under or over or my miles or my orion. I don’t give a rats ass . Their numbers are stupid and make zero sense . Computer can say last stop is 6:15 and I’ll do it at 6:15 and then they say I’m an hour over . :censored2: them and their silly requests . I do want I want . I also take lunch , During a lunch hour . Unlike all the damn folks who run all day and take it at the end .
Lunch at 1:30 everyday at the same damn place. It's how I like it, and I'm sticking to it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've been following dots
Orion really think you can complete this city route in 11 miles which I assume would involve quite literally backing at every intersection and driving over light rail tracks, straight through street diverters, plowing through alleyways, grass strips, wrong ways, blocking in emergency vehicles, etc then skipping every last one of your pickups. Just pure grand theft auto. Never got it down less than 21 miles.

HyperBrn

This new route I have has been tough . 110 stops , 35 pickups . About 70 stops are business . Been doin lunch at 3, I’d like it more like 1-2. Figuring out my groove
I like taking my lunch (20 min per Central Region) after I finish my businesses. Trouble is, all but about 20 of my 65-80 stops are businesses. So I'm usually finished my businesses at around 1545, which is usually too close to my first pickup to take break. So I end up taking my break after my last p/u. Which means I'm taking break at about 1730-1815. Wonder how long it'll be before someone criticizes me for taking my meal outside of hr 3-6.

Brownwind

I like taking my lunch (20 min per Central Region) after I finish my businesses. Trouble is, all but about 20 of my 65-80 stops are businesses. So I'm usually finished my businesses at around 1545, which is usually too close to my first pickup to take break. So I end up taking my break after my last p/u. Which means I'm taking break at about 1730-1815. Wonder how long it'll be before someone criticizes me for taking my meal outside of hr 3-6.
Don’t you get hungry mid day?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I like taking my lunch (20 min per Central Region) after I finish my businesses. Trouble is, all but about 20 of my 65-80 stops are businesses. So I'm usually finished my businesses at around 1545, which is usually too close to my first pickup to take break. So I end up taking my break after my last p/u. Which means I'm taking break at about 1730-1815. Wonder how long it'll be before someone criticizes me for taking my meal outside of hr 3-6
If it's not a true 8-and-skate year round kind of deal then you really ought to get some decent lunches in instead.
Lunch has been forced for a year or so now but before I would not have issues with folks who did this. As long as they truly could get out in 8, not sustainable otherwise.

Manifesto

The lunch is 30 minutes minimum in the central. Sounds like you're talking about your paid breaks. If you have too many businesses to get them all done you need to start taking the full 30 early in the day and have missed till it gets fixed.

JustDeliverIt

Sounds like a hodgepodge route, assembled from parts of other routes, that high seniority whiners coerced the dispatcher into sticking you with. Their numbers look good and they have an easy day, and you are stuck with every dead end street with ultracrappy driveways.

It's the UPS tradition. Union, but still every man for himself.

Not at all. It’s a nice, tight route when run properly. But Orion doesn’t run it the way it should be. When I covered this route for a while 5ish years ago EDD is flawless. Run your air/businesses off until 12 or so then cruise through resi’s. Orion added 5-8 miles on to the route.

Literally had an air today on a cul de sac at the back of a road that is a circle. Orion had me deliver ground to get back to the air and then drive past remaining stops on the street to come back later to deliver. It was my last air, nothing else to get to. Just pure stupidity.

rustys954rr

The lunch is 30 minutes minimum in the central. Sounds like you're talking about your paid breaks. If you have too many businesses to get them all done you need to start taking the full 30 early in the day and have missed till it gets fixed.
Current agreement between union and ups here is 20 minutes or an hour, we're supposed to sign up for which one we choose. Only one 10 minute paid break.