8years with the company I got fired for marijuana use

I didn't say it was very smart. Think about nasty cpu drivers using your mattress and bedding to lay on. Snacks, water whatever.
I am sure the Feeder drivers that live at home and take a shower at least once a day would think about touching one of the nasty sleeper team things. Some things you do not want to know about.

quad decade guy

I am sure the Feeder drivers that live at home and take a shower at least once a day would think about touching one of the nasty sleeper team things. Some things you do not want to know about.

Sanitized daily, throughout the day(our sleeper truck). You obviously have never been in a brown feeder. Just like UPS bathrooms or any facility, trashed and filthy. Do you work at UPS? Ever seen or talked with a feeder driver or looked in a shifter? Pkg car?

That was then...I've consumed alcohol provided by the Company at a dinner function paid for by UPS. Never on Company property. It was always kind of tense getting alcohol as a gift from customers and going through the guard shack and all, office etc. Now, imagine someone getting killed or killing a civilian after your parking lot keggers. I believe it's generally overall, a bad idea to do drugs(that includes alcohol) on UPS property. I have a conceal/carry firearm permit. The law states illegal when property has posted signs. So, I NEVER bring a firearm on the UPS property(including the parking lot). Never drank alcohol in UPS browns at a restaurant way off the clock. If ever meeting my family at a restaurant on say a Friday night(to save time), wife always brought a change of clothes. Too much? Well, some A wholes here have wondered how I ever lasted 40 years? That's how. Don't give em anything to use against you is the message.
Yeah- most people only make it a couple years.

purehavanne

I think you got too comfortable. So comfortable you started brazenly smoking pot in plain sight of your employer. And it cost you your job.

I had a helper show up smelling like weed. I told him his services aren’t needed. You’re a liability when ur under the influence. Plain and simple. Half our drivers here smoke. But you have to separate business and pleasure.

SLW

I was kind of surprised when I started as a driver and wasn't drug-tested at all. I mean, drug-testing is plain dumb, but I was still surprised.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was kind of surprised when I started as a driver and wasn't drug-tested at all. I mean, drug-testing is plain dumb, but I was still surprised.

Why is drug testing dumb? Weed (sarcasm fully intended) out a lot of otherwise qualified employees with a positive drug test. Spend the $100 now and potentially save a bundle down the road (accident, injury, etc.).

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why is drug testing dumb? Weed (sarcasm fully intended) out a lot of otherwise qualified employees with a positive drug test. Spend the $100 now and potentially save a bundle down the road (accident, injury, etc.).
Way too easy to fake. A $40 bottle of synthetic urine at the local head shop will pass you every time. I’ve known more than a few people that cheated the test that way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Way too easy to fake. A $40 bottle of synthetic urine at the local head shop will pass you every time. I’ve known more than a few people that cheated the test that way.

I thought the person conducting the test actually had to "verify" that you were the one peeing in to the cup.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I thought the person conducting the test actually had to "verify" that you were the one peeing in to the cup.
They don’t watch you pee. They send you in the restroom with the cup and shut the door behind you. The only time they watch you is for parole or rehab.

MassWineGuy

What did you expect? That they’d not care or think it was wrong? Not to mention a violation of DOT regs. If you are to the point of not being able to tell if smoking at work is wrong, you need more help than simple rehab.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What did you expect? That they’d not care or think it was wrong? Not to mention a violation of DOT regs. If you are to the point of not being able to tell if smoking at work is wrong, you need more help than simple rehab.

He is a PT insider who couldn't care less about DOT regs other than to hope that the truck driver bringing his weed complies with them.

SLW

Doesn't really save anything. The federal government publicized the numbers on their own testing once and to bust one person with a positive test result cost over $60,000. Anyway, none of the drugs I wouldn't trust anyone driving on don't stay in your system very long. With weed I feel you would be safe, but you would absolutely not be able to keep pace to qualify or perhaps even finish a single day.