8years with the company I got fired for marijuana use

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't really save anything. The federal government publicized the numbers on their own testing once and to bust one person with a positive test result cost over $60,000. Anyway, none of the drugs I wouldn't trust anyone driving on don't stay in your system very long. With weed I feel you would be safe, but you would absolutely not be able to keep pace to qualify or perhaps even finish a single day.

You are talking about welfare testing.

I am talking about drug testing at UPS.

rocket man

Was it fun getting high? It was worth your job . This company has enough problems without having a person that can't come to work straight..

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Total b.s.. I get tested at least once a year. They don't test because it's expensive...BTW, friend up and you'll pee in a cup.
Again, it is legal in my state. I don’t smoke and I have never been drug tested in my UPS career. But I have known of a couple drivers that smoke daily. Also never been tested. In fact, on our DOT physical, it is handwritten on the top of the paper *Do NOT drug test* and highlighted.
My entire building would be up :censored2: Creek.

quad decade guy

Again, it is legal in my state. I don’t smoke and I have never been drug tested in my UPS career. But I have known of a couple drivers that smoke daily. Also never been tested. In fact, on our DOT physical, it is handwritten on the top of the paper *Do NOT drug test* and highlighted.
Weed is not legal. Federally is not legal. Therefore not legal. But hey, "Nobody can tell you a damn thing if you ain't listening"-Radney Foster.

542thruNthru

Total b.s.. I get tested at least once a year. They don't test because it's expensive...BTW, friend up and you'll pee in a cup.

Actually you both are right and wrong... :)

The reason CDL holders are tested is because it's the law. The reason package drivers and PTers are not tested is because it's not the law and its in the contract.
sketch-1588469508030.jpg

It being legal in a state does not save anyone. You CAN and WILL be fired for it if you test positive. Its a UPS policy and a federal law(DOT).

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Actually you both are right and wrong... :)

The reason CDL holders are tested is because it's the law. The reason package drivers and PTers are not tested is because it's not the law and its in the contract.
View attachment 294010

It being legal in a state does not save anyone. You CAN and WILL be fired for it if you test positive. Its a UPS policy and a federal law(DOT).

I understand all of this, however I’m still standing by my original statement that it is legal in my state, you can literally get it delivered to your home. IF UPS drug tested in my state, 99% of my building would be out of jobs. Therefore, UPS does not test in my state unless you are blatantly giving them a reason to.

542thruNthru

I understand all of this, however I’m still standing by my original statement that it is legal in my state, you can literally get it delivered to your home. IF UPS drug tested in my state, 99% of my building would be out of jobs. Therefore, UPS does not test in my state unless you are blatantly giving them a reason to.

Legal in my state also. In my opinion there is some truth to what you say but all I'm saying is. If you give them a reason they will and that person will be fired.

My shop steward literally had to go around telling drivers that they can still be fired for smoking weed. These idiots were walking around talking about how they got high over the weekend just because they thought they couldn't be fired because its now legal in the state. SMH.

I do not believe that 99% of the employees in your building are druggies.

I’m getting a refusal to test but the difference is I did t refuse anything I gave them 2 samples. They poured out the first one and then only gave me 2 water bottles to drink and I drank them and tried to go a second time and gave it to them but they poured out that one also.. it wasn’t enough urine.. I tried but I didn’t have to go much.. then after 3 hours it came time to pick up my nephew & I had to leave! I didn’t refuse anything.. I go to panel soon I hope.. I’m sober and had no problems testing and tried to but they called it a refusal.. what do I do???

Tanktoptony

So if I normalize being intoxicated it’s okay because I’m okay with it? Everyone else who doesn’t show up to work under the influence of pot or alcohol should be okay with your habit?
Grow up dude , if you’ve been with the company for 8 years you are not in the dark about the consequences if you get caught. You made the choice live with it. Policy didn’t change because it’s recreational in some states.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So if I normalize being intoxicated it’s okay because I’m okay with it? Everyone else who doesn’t show up to work under the influence of pot or alcohol should be okay with your habit?
Grow up dude , if you’ve been with the company for 8 years you are not in the dark about the consequences if you get caught. You made the choice live with it. Policy didn’t change because it’s recreational in some states.
He's long gone

Johney

I’m getting a refusal to test but the difference is I did t refuse anything I gave them 2 samples. They poured out the first one and then only gave me 2 water bottles to drink and I drank them and tried to go a second time and gave it to them but they poured out that one also.. it wasn’t enough urine.. I tried but I didn’t have to go much.. then after 3 hours it came time to pick up my nephew & I had to leave! I didn’t refuse anything.. I go to panel soon I hope.. I’m sober and had no problems testing and tried to but they called it a refusal.. what do I do???
A refusal is as bad as a positive. Are you a feeder driver?