9/11/01

born2Bwild

I was on the way to work listening to radio. I still remember when he said an airplane hit the twin towers, his partner commented and said must be a drunk small plane pilot. Shorty after the program was interrupted. It brings sad memories RIP

oldngray

nowhere special
th.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I was tech at a now closed Lincoln mercury dealer and I will never forget that morning. Our lube tech came running into the shop and said one of the towers got hit and it was leaning over. So most of us went to the customer waiting room to see. I was watching just before the second plane hit and was telling the lube guy it was not leaning over and some private plane probably hit it when the second plane hit..... for most of that morning that break room T.V was surrounded by techs, writers, customers and salespeople.

I was so mad I wanted to join the army and kill terrorists, at the time I was in my mid twenties and told my then wife when I got home I was going to join the army and she told me I was nuts... she said your 5-6 years older than the other recruits and out of shape! You will end up fixing tanks in the desert they won’t even give you a gun....

She was great at crushing my dreams..
Ha ha— I was trained to fix tanks and ended up driving them and being a gunner (50 cal.) on them. From my experiences being drafted I would say very few people ended up actually doing what the Army trained them for unless it was infantry

PT Car Washer

Ha ha— I was trained to fix tanks and ended up driving them and being a gunner (50 cal.) on them. From my experiences being drafted I would say very few people ended up actually doing what the Army trained them for unless it was infantry
I started out being a Cav Scout and ended up being a tanker. Driver, loader, gunner, and tank commander. Best decision I ever made in my life. Besides marriage to my Mrs.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I was with Express then, covering a center city route that day. I went into one building where the guard told me a plane had hit one of the towers. I didn't think too much of it then, but a few stops later the second plane had hit. Downtown was getting cleared out fast, never seen it so empty as everyone feared our skyscrapers could be next.

An hour later, the job finally called us to come back to the station. I sat around in the break room watching the news coverage.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Sophomore in high school. Regardless of what anyone believes actually happened this was one of the worst days in history. Definitely changed my plans in life. For better or for worse.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I remember I was covering a route that day and I had other truck drivers telling me about it ,but I did not see any footage till 3:00 that afternoon.

ManInBrown

Getting an oil change at a jeep dealership. Guy walks out from one of the offices and says a plane just hit the trade center, we all huddled in his office and watched it on a little TV for about 20 minutes. Then when the second plane hit they closed the place and everyone hightailed it out of there. Two things i remember. It was the nicest day you could ever have in the NY/Nj area. There wasnt a cloud in the sky. And the Giants played the Broncos in Denver on MNF the night before.

brostalss

Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams.

You're right jet fuel cannot melt steel. Those M'Fers learned from the '93 garage bombing. The structural integrity of the building couldn't withstand a hit from those planes where they went thru that high up.
Also when the Towers were built, the biggest plane was a 707. They were designed to take an impact of a 707. Not a 767.