9/11/01

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°friend, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°friend). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength—and that required exposure to much less heat. "I have never seen melted steel in a building fire," says retired New York deputy fire chief Vincent Dunn, author of The Collapse Of Burning Buildings: A Guide To Fireground Safety. "But I've seen a lot of twisted, warped, bent and sagging steel. What happens is that the steel tries to expand at both ends, but when it can no longer expand, it sags and the surrounding concrete cracks."

"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°friend," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.

Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report - The World Trade Center

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
World Trade Center building 7 fell for no reason union brothers! That’s the smoking gun ..the government is the enemy ! Just like management!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
After 7 hours of uncontrolled fires, a steel girder on Floor 13 lost its connection to one of the 81 columns supporting the building. Floor 13 collapsed, beginning a cascade of floor failures to Floor 5. Column 79, no longer supported by a girder, buckled, triggering a rapid succession of structural failures that moved from east to west. All 23 central columns, followed by the exterior columns, failed in what's known as a "progressive collapse"--that is, local damage that spreads from one structural element to another, eventually resulting in the collapse of the entire structure.

World Trade Center 7 Report Puts 9/11 Conspiracy Theory to Rest

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
41603522_10210580541904733_3314886919040532480_o.jpg

Avoidable.... or unavoidable ?
Unexpected was not expected.

Elmo.goes.to.prom

Was changing the silo unloaders over to run backwards.
A guy who was hanging some gutters leaned into the silo to tell us what he heard on the radio about the twin towers.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I was at a stop delivering , saw live on tv
The store owner in his mid 70’s was in Airborne and jumped in Normandy was freaking out , said he’d go kill the bastards who did this , his son had to calm him down ,,, awful day

quad decade guy

It happened on my way to UPS as a pkg driver. I may have ridden my bicycle that day, thus not hearing the news. Then the cascade of non-stop news throughout the day, weeks, months, years.

When I returned to the building that evening, there was an friend-16 circling downtown at a very low level. You could see the missiles all over it. The next day four single engine contrails(fighters) were in combat air patrol high over our city. We have one of the busiest airports in the world and seeing nothing or hearing anything in the sky was weird(except military).

badpal

Good question
Remember getting in that night and the next morning hearing the crazy rumors that over a 100 UPSers were lost. Then i believe in the end it was none. Which if true was really a miracle. Remember too about trying to buy outside fuel that evening, people really thought the end of the world was coming.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Getting an oil change at a jeep dealership. Guy walks out from one of the offices and says a plane just hit the trade center, we all huddled in his office and watched it on a little TV for about 20 minutes. Then when the second plane hit they closed the place and everyone hightailed it out of there. Two things i remember. It was the nicest day you could ever have in the NY/Nj area. There wasnt a cloud in the sky. And the Giants played the Broncos in Denver on MNF the night before.
Yep. I remember watching the news after the first plane hit....and then went outside to get the newspaper on the front lawn and thought...how did a plane not see the Towers, it was such a clear blue sky...not a cloud in it. I lived less than 40 miles from Manhattan at the time out on Long Island.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I was in 8th grade. Teacher turned the tv on and we watched the news all day. Some parents came got their kids out of school. My mom didn’t like me so I stayed.