9:45 start times?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Drivers put managements stress on themselves which is why 99% of them are overly stressed out. What they don't understand is your (the drivers) "poor performance" reflects back on your management team not you. So when management would come at me I would just throw out the anchor and sink the ship. My numbers went into the :censored2:ter and management went nuts. They would follow me, pull me in the office and tell me they were going to fire me all the time. You know what that told me? That I was winning. I was getting them SUPER stressed out and the more they followed me and couldn't find me doing things wrong the more upset THEY got. I wasn't stressed. In fact I was moving slower and slower because I had to use everyone of their methods because I knew they were watching. So I was doing less work but getting paid more for it. They when they would give up and move onto another sucker I would raise my numbers just a little bit just to teach them. You friend with me then I friend with you. And after doing a few rounds of this cat and mouse game they left me alone.

The fact that drivers do not get this concept is BEYOND ME. New guys not understanding this I get but guys who have been here for years and still don't understand this is crazy. There are guys with 15+ years and they still dont get it. In my opinion they are just hopeless.
You were alot funnier when you were in package

Package Stick

"Send it."
Management absolutely loves drivers that care about sheet like this. It really gets them fired up. Guys here’s a tip. Stop thinking and Stop caring. You’re not paid to think. We’re all dumb truck drivers. Work as directed like a robot with no emotion. You leave at 10am. So be it. Sooner you guys realize this the better off you’ll be.
My family member with 30+ years says the same :censored2:. I didn't get what he meant until I started working here, listen to guys who know what the :censored2: they're talking about.

a911scanner

We are being told that swing drivers can not get on the list in our building until the first 22.4 qualifies. Then it’s game on.

That isn't true, if they have 4 years of seniority they can get on the list.

I left that out. You’re right. I don’t have 4 years seniority yet. Swing drivers in my building with less than 4 years seniority cannot get on the list until the first 22.4 qualifies.

All incorrect information.

4 year requirement is old contract.

No special clauses on who/what/when gets hired to be on the list.

Go re-read it. All you have to be is a seniority RPCD, then you can opt on the list.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day

Go re-read it. All you have to be is a seniority RPCD, then you can opt on the list.

Actually I have read and re-read it countless times. Only in buildings that utilize 22.4 does that language change. If you have no 22.4s then you still must meet one of the 4 qualifications. Me, being under 4 years seniority and not having a bid route I can’t get on it. Here they haven’t qualified a 22.4 yet so the position technically isn’t created.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Really?

Incorrect.

As @Brown Biscuit said, it only changes for building that implement 22.4 drivers.

So, yes, @Brown Biscuit has to wait until 22.4 drivers are implemented in his building or until he has 4 years seniority or covers a route for a full week.

Here, I'll help you out.

2018-2023 NMUPSA

Article 37

Section 1 3(c)

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Maybe you better read it.....

Actually I have read and re-read it countless times. Only in buildings that utilize 22.4 does that language change. If you have no 22.4s then you still must meet one of the 4 qualifications. Me, being under 4 years seniority and not having a bid route I can’t get on it. Here they haven’t qualified a 22.4 yet so the position technically isn’t created.
We do not have 22.4s. We are all on the list. Unless we opt OFF. Probably because we are sell outs.

Jstpeachy

We didn't get done preloading until 9:15 today.
the belt stayed on the entire time it's just that the :censored2: kept coming.
Tell them to send less :censored2:.

We all stood by the belt for 40 minutes this morning, with nothing coming down, waiting on late air. late air seems to be the norm here

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Preload at our center starting a half an hour later tomorrow. Drivers left at 9:40 this morning.

Don't worry. We'll have everything wrapped by the time PCM starts. ;)

Star B

White Lightening
We didn't get done preloading until 9:15 today.
the belt stayed on the entire time it's just that the :censored2: kept coming.
Tell them to send less :censored2:.
it's all that amazon we gave you, just think of all that profit you'll be making.

just keep it, we don't want it.

love, fedex.

5Cube4Life

Got a 20 year driver in my building, still a burner. Still complains when his route spikes up mid week. If he would just slow down instead of trying to run bonus all the time, his numbers would drop and stay more consistent.

vvv

the last 5 days or so haven’t even left the building until 9:45 or later. What a joke this place is becoming.

So true, but don't take it upon yourself to try and clean their soiled pants.

I nor anyone should work any harder or differently to try and fix or cover up the inept mess that is the management of this company.

Work safe and proper, and if they send you help later in the day awesome.....and if not just lay the hammer to them.

vvv

Drivers put managements stress on themselves which is why 99% of them are overly stressed out. What they don't understand is your (the drivers) "poor performance" reflects back on your management team not you. So when management would come at me I would just throw out the anchor and sink the ship. My numbers went into the :censored2:ter and management went nuts. They would follow me, pull me in the office and tell me they were going to fire me all the time. You know what that told me? That I was winning. I was getting them SUPER stressed out and the more they followed me and couldn't find me doing things wrong the more upset THEY got. I wasn't stressed. In fact I was moving slower and slower because I had to use everyone of their methods because I knew they were watching. So I was doing less work but getting paid more for it. They when they would give up and move onto another sucker I would raise my numbers just a little bit just to teach them. You friend with me then I friend with you. And after doing a few rounds of this cat and mouse game they left me alone.

The fact that drivers do not get this concept is BEYOND ME. New guys not understanding this I get but guys who have been here for years and still don't understand this is crazy. There are guys with 15+ years and they still dont get it. In my opinion they are just hopeless.

My brother, perfectly presented and laid out and exactly as how I approach things daily.

Hopeless is correct. Lack of heart and gutless are also fitting.

A good guy

Got a 20 year driver in my building, still a burner. Still complains when his route spikes up mid week. If he would just slow down instead of trying to run bonus all the time, his numbers would drop and stay more consistent.

Thats the exact situation im in now.

Been covering a route for driver who hurt his knee. Before the current driver got it the route was cake. 60 stop industrial, averaged about 150 pieces with about 5 rez stops. Could take your full break and have more time during pickups.

Now its gone up to about 90 stops, Somewhere around 250 pieces, more rez, more air,and super late pickups.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Amazon is playing us like a fiddle.
They know we had a bad couple quarters, they know we have to take all the work that we can get.
Right now, they are our masters and we are their humble servants.
Only a matter of time before they take the knife out of our back and leave us in the dust.
Feels like a time of major change in our industry.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Thats the exact situation im in now.

Been covering a route for driver who hurt his knee. Before the current driver got it the route was cake. 60 stop industrial, averaged about 150 pieces with about 5 rez stops. Could take your full break and have more time during pickups.

Now its gone up to about 90 stops, Somewhere around 250 pieces, more rez, more air,and super late pickups.
Probably cause the rabbits burned his route up, slow down , quit crushing his route..