9.5 Arbitration decision - Or - Why clear contract language is important

542thruNthru

It might be helpful if someone could give hints on what to include in the grievance and what to avoid.

Anytime you file a grievance you put the Article number and always add "and all applicable"

Example: Article 37 and all applicable

This allows your BA to use any article of the contract for your grievance.

I just write. "Week ending 5/10/20 I was over 9.5 four days."

Relief: paid penalty for all days worked over 9.5.

I attach a copy of my WOR for my BA and a copy of any messages I sent telling management I was going to be over 9.5.

542thruNthru

You don't think the labor manager is going to fight a grievance any chance they get? More facts and info is never a bad thing IMO.

I've been told by my BA of people putting so much information they actually hurt their case. When the grievance is filed your BA and steward can collect any info they may need.

I don't disagree with you. Just personally I just put the facts and then let my BA or steward tell me what information he needs.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've been told by my BA of people putting so much information they actually hurt their case. When the grievance is filed your BA and steward can collect any info they may need.

I don't disagree with you. Just personally I just put the facts and then let my BA or steward tell me what information he needs.
Maybe that's where we differ...I don't have a rock solid steward or BA so I feel like I defend myself most of the time. I wish I could trust them to get the job done, but they are on the weaker side :/

542thruNthru

Maybe that's where we differ...I don't have a rock solid steward or BA so I feel like I defend myself most of the time. I wish I could trust them to get the job done, but they are on the weaker side :/

Something I watched years ago about the subject we are talking about.

Its a quick video.

542thruNthru

This is definitely a good point. It does depend on your representation.

Over70irregs

Anytime you file a grievance you put the Article number and always add "and all applicable"

Example: Article 37 and all applicable

This allows your BA to use any article of the contract for your grievance.

I just write. "Week ending 5/10/20 I was over 9.5 four days."

Relief: paid penalty for all days worked over 9.5.

I attach a copy of my WOR for my BA and a copy of any messages I sent telling management I was going to be over 9.5.
Time half, double time, triple time?

Whither

Scofflaw
@UpstateNYUPSer

AOG.gif