9.5 excessive overtime day.

Brownwind

%99 percent of our drivers signed it 🤷‍♂️
Locally 25% signed the willing to work preload as add work sheet. It seems like we have different economic conditions. I know most in my center don’t want the overtime but they need it. Housing prices are out of control here and not turning around anytime soon.

I’m older and fortunately don’t have the payments. Looking forward the younger ones should start planning

Brownwind

We deserve whatever we can negotiate, and we are willing to sacrifice for. My honest opinion is we are amazingly productive, and infinitely valuable to this company, whether they think so or not.
My value is my ability to sell the service. I way out sell any of the ones in sales by thanking my customers and promoting the business. I literally have a few dozen on the route that order stuff just to have me deliver and tire tracks in to their driveway.

Thebrownblob

Locally 25% signed the willing to work preload as add work sheet. It seems like we have different economic conditions. I know most in my center don’t want the overtime but they need it. Housing prices are out of control here and not turning around anytime soon.

I’m older and fortunately don’t have the payments. Looking forward the younger ones should start planning

Sadly, most are not planning, actually shooting them selfs in the foot with things like this

allahuakbar

She/Her
My value is my ability to sell the service. I way out sell any of the ones in sales by thanking my customers and promoting the business. I literally have a few dozen on the route that order stuff just to have me deliver and tire tracks in to their driveway.
I was watching an Amazon guy park in the middle of the road delivering today and thought we could do that and no one would give a :censored2:.

Brownwind

So when your customer orders something on Amazon , they pick UPS and you personally?
🧔‍♂️✊
Nope. That’s not an option on most sites. But I’m told daily that they choose ups as the preferred option when they can. Others mention that they order stuff on Amazon and choose the overnight delivery just to get (ups) me to deliver.
I have an excellent route with amazing customers. Most don’t get it and I understand based on the comments that I’ve got it good.

I’m finally realizing that my fellow drivers don’t get the customer service so my supervisors definitely don’t get it. Remember your route is what you make it.

FozziesDeliveries

What time are people starting? It’s usually 830 on Monday 9 o’clock at the rest of the week here. Of course, start time does not necessarily always equal launch time.
Our start time is 920 here. Preload has been starting 30min to an hour later than i remember back when i was in preload and usually they are behind now and shove everything down the belt so after start time we are doing some cleanup before leaving or they are running run back carts. During peak though we were scheduled a 920 start but preload would be done and they would start us consistently at 9 instead if we were there.

Thebrownblob

View attachment 413452

What in the hell is he saying tomorrow is the final day to sign the 9.5 list? You can opt on or off at any time throughout the year. Does he know how this works???
Yeah, I’m not sure what his point is. It’s not the final day, you can be on and off the list anytime. Perhaps he just wants everyone to sign up as a show of solidarity. I will say the way he’s approaching. It is confusing members as they’re calling me freaking out because they won’t be able to sign up.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
I get 10+ every day, and I'm ok with that.
Driver sort and load, 7:30 start. I go in at 6:30, do safety for an hour before the sort. On road around 9, last pick up is 4:45.
In my front door by 5:30. Works well for my family, and the 2 hrs of OT everyday has helped us immensely.
God I miss driver S&L

DOK

I remember when they first were talking about having 22.4 and managers were laughing saying now you guys are going to lose all your overtime. We’re gonna make you come back in eight hours every day. Now I not only are they not doing that but many RPCDs are forced to work six days while 22.4 is only work five. 😂 this company could screw up a wet dream.
I believe they underestimated the fact that 22.4’s aren’t into working long hours, and especially at their pay rate, can’t blame them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
overtime after 6 onroad hours could yoke them back into using 22.4 more like a combination employee. Or at least make more money in the meantime.

remember the company initially proposed (actually counter-proposed) 22.4 to have up to 1.5 hours of unpaid downtime. Makes you wonder if they were so butthurt about that little tidbit to torpedo the whole thing.