9.5 excessive overtime day.

AKCoverMan

So my local has been outside each building twice the last couple weeks signing anyone up that wants to be on 9.5. My BA told me today that the IBT wanted them to do it all on one day and make a show of it (today Jan 3rd). He didn't think it made any sense doing it just one day and the day after a holiday at that.

So I'm just curious how many locals were outside today trying to get everyone on the 9.5 list? I'm curious mainly because this is the first real show of solidarity before the contract and it seemed poorly planned to me. Though I do wish my local had participated I can see why they didn't.
We did sign ups this week in my building. Our BA was out one day and I chased down everyone he missed and contacted our members out on “injured reserve” (we have three out in a center of just 19).

All but one driver opt in. i understand the one holdout, his family has moved out of state and he is waiting for transfer so when he’s here he works all he can.

AKCoverMan

If everyone files its really hard to retaliate. What you gonna do fire everyone? Somebody got get these packages delivered there two more trailers coming tomorrow we have zero capacity to hold backlog.

Be the example. Man up, sign list, file every week. Cash the checks, wash Rinse repeat.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Needs to be a rule in contract that no driver is allowed to work 6 punches voluntarily…

Half the drivers want 14 hr days

Half the drivers want 8.5 hr days

One of the main reasons why we may strike is cause “ we’re overworked” , but the rabbits continue to volunteer for Saturdays and preload.
🤦‍♂️

AKCoverMan

Needs to be a rule in contract that no driver is allowed to work 6 punches voluntarily…

Half the drivers want 14 hr days

Half the drivers want 8.5 hr days

One of the main reasons why we may strike is cause “ we’re overworked” , but the rabbits continue to volunteer for Saturdays and preload.
🤦‍♂️
No problem if people want 60 hour weeks… but the forced part is a problem.