9.5 for under 4 drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by OKLABob, Jul 23, 2019.

1. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

Bunch of smart asses on here.

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Welcome to Brown Cafe

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. A.Spooner

A.Spooner Member

I drive a different route everyday of the week, so does that mean i’m not eligible to file 9.5 grievances? From what I’ve read you have to run the same route all week is that correct? Also does it matter if you’re in progression to be on the 9.5 list, or do you have to have 4 years seniority before you’re on it?

4. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

New contract if you want on the list your on it. I’m still in progression and I just got paid my first 9.5 grievance yesterday. I ran the same route all week but with the new contract I’m not sure if you have to be on the same route I would assume you wouldn’t have to be. 9.5 three times state the routes you ran and file and see what happens.

5. 542thruNthru

Does your building have 22.4s. How long have you been a FT driver?

Yes and No.

Yes if you're eligible and want on the list you can get on without having to wait till you're violated 3 times in a work week.
    sketch-1564821014393.jpg
    But if you do not have 22.4s working in your building the same 3 ways to be eligible still apply.
    sketch-1564821198236.jpg
    IF you are in a building with 22.4s then any FT RPCD is eligible for 9.5, per the language in Article 22 section 4 #12
    sketch-1564820860470.jpg

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Unless it was 100 miles to the area and 100 miles back That’s gotta be about a 12 hour day.

7. A.Spooner

A.Spooner Member

So then I would assume no I would not be eligible based on the language. I don’t have 4 years yet, a little over a year until I get there. I also never run the same route for a week straight, I’m on a different route almost every day. We do not have 22.4’s.
    Based on the information it does not look like it then. I need another year before I get 4 years in, I never run the same route all week, and we do not have 22.4’s.

8. 542thruNthru

Yes from the information you've given I would have to say no you're not eligible for the 9.5 list.

9. A.Spooner

A.Spooner Member

Thanks for the info.

10. buttflapp

buttflapp New Member

My local rider states that if I ask to not have over 9.5 and they don't follow it I can file. Does that mean I don't have to be on the list to file?

11. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Is there an online link to your local rider ?

12. buttflapp

buttflapp New Member

Here's a screenshot.

Attached Files:

13. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Your Local Rider language is the same as the old Central Region language.

Being that Local 688 is in the Central....

I'm guessing the Master Article 37 language now applies.

"The provisions of this Section 1(c) shall supersede any language on “9.5” in the Central Region Supplement."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

14. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Do you choose to run a different route everyday or do they force you?

15. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

I am glad that in a discussion about 9.5 every used 9.5 instead of 9/5

16. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

We can’t hire any 22.4’s, nobody wants the job.
    Instead, my building is using utility drivers to do 22.4 work.
    Which means.....no 9.5 for anybody who doesn’t qualify under the previous contract. Even though 90% of us opted in when originally asked back in May.
    Quite the loophole.
    Bottom 4-6 Tues-Sat guys are all being forced into Mon-Sat. Been going on since June, and since there are currently zero signatures on the newest 22.4 signup sheet.....there is no end in sight to the madness.

17. Package Stick

Package Stick "Send it."

My plan is to become a 22.4 then enlist in the military for 4 years, would this be a good plan?

18. Netsua 3:16

I personally don’t get the lack of interest. It’s a full time job. With a very reasonable pay scale.
    Sure, join the military. Give ‘em hell

19. A.Spooner

A.Spooner Member

I’m forced to run a different route everyday. I’d love to run the same route all week, but that never happens.

20. Netsua 3:16

Join the club
    Keeps things interesting though