9.5 for under 4 drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by OKLABob, Jul 23, 2019.

1. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

ive been driving for about 2 years now and I filed a grievance for 3 9.5s in a work week. Will the grievance be paid or not? I’m confused people at my center say no but aren’t for sure.

2. 35years

35years Well-Known Member

Are you willing to follow up with your BA, or do you expect the money to just float to you?

You have to be diligent.

If you are a typical young driver who is to lazy to follow up you wont get paid.

If you a tough sob who files and follows up every time you will be the one who gets his stops cut back and his grievances paid.

But you have to have a thick skin and consistent methods.

3. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

Not lazy man I actually don’t mind the extra work I wouldn’t tell them that but if there extra money on the table by filing a grievance I’ll do it. I filed one about 2 weeks ago just didn’t know how long the process went. Punched out at 830 the last 2 nights I’ll be 9.5ing that ass again tomorrow don’t care how many stops I got.

4. DeliveryMachine

DeliveryMachine Active Member

If you don’t mind the extra work, stop filing 9.5. You’re sending a message you don’t want any extra work

5. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

The company clearly isn't getting that message.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Are you on the list, or on the list?

7. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

I’m on the list. I wasn’t saying I want to work extra hours that’s not what I meant I’ll take what they give me but if they screw me more then 2 days then of course I’m going to file.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

I’m saying I’ll take the 2 9.5s I just don’t want to get hosed all week long.

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Are you on the list?

Do you have 22.4s in your center?

10. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

He confirmed he is on the list TTKU ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

We do not have 22.4s everyone is a full time driver.

12. 542thruNthru

Ok, well how did you get on the list? Also did you do the same route for the week?

13. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

Yes same route all week.

14. 542thruNthru

Sounds like a good grievance to me.

15. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

They are getting another one this week. 85 stops 280 miles everyday so far this week

16. Slug Life

Slug Life When do we eat?

Depends on several factors.
    A. Did you run same route all week?
    B. Did you bid on a route for the week and then maybe have to run random stuff thru the week?
    C. Did they bid all routes that were available that you could have bid on to run same said route?
    If yes to any of the above you will be paid. If not probably not. It’s important to note in your grievance if routes weren’t bid in order to win the 9.5 grievance.

17. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

It was a weekly bid I ran the same route all week long. My supervisor even told my shop steward he gives me more work then the regular driver because I am young.

18. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Well, you're young

19. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

Yes I know. I should be taking all the old guys work so they can make a 6 hour day last them 8.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  20. We all had to put up with it. Just put your time in .