9.5 grievance pay

671419B6-2F8E-43B5-8230-2973A5311455.jpeg

Looks like you got reassignment by the employer. Easy 9.5 grievance win.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
So, as I understand it, as long as you work all 5 days your grievance should stick.
That’s what I thought too. But no my Ba or the company. They said I didn’t cover the route all week bc it was cut on Monday therefor 9.5 didn’t mean anything for that week. I would see it if I bumped off of it or something but they cut it not my fault

I did. My Ba pulled it without telling me. Once I found it I got pretty heated and he said we would have lost bc I didn’t run it a full week since they cut it. That’s the issue I am having is I am fighting the BA and the company.

Sounds like your BA needs to get updated on the 9.5 language.

coolslice

In our center, if you file a 9.5 management will constantly follow you and harass you. They have even told us that if we file then we should "know what that means" will happen. What it means is that they will be out there trying to fire you for not using the handrail or following all of the methods.

Overpaid Union Thug

In our center, if you file a 9.5 management will constantly follow you and harass you. They have even told us that if we file then we should "know what that means" will happen. What it means is that they will be out there trying to fire you for not using the handrail or following all of the methods.
And why didn’t someone file a harassment grievance for the threat? And then again once they followed you? And I don’t know about everywhere else but in my building they aren’t allowed to follow us.

When the local had people following scabs during the strike in 1997 UPS got the police involved and the local was told they couldn’t harass the scabs. It was later established that that applied both ways. Now they will sit somewhere and “observe.” Unless it’s a weak driver they know won’t file or simply doesn’t know about that rule.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

And why didn’t someone file a harassment grievance for the threat?

Local management knows who the punks are....

55% of UPS Teamsters couldn't bother to vote on their own contract.

When the local had people following scabs during the strike in 1997 UPS got the police involved and the local was told they couldn’t harass the scabs. It was later established that that applied both ways.

Good Local.

Now they will sit somewhere and “observe.”

I thought they were called the "safety committee members" ?

You know.... the ones that wanted to be management.

(or, think they are)

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone gotten a check for 9.5 grievance pay under the new on contract yet? Contract simply says " can pay up to 3x rate" very unclear about which guitar I should buy. Am I gonna buy the real deal or the knock off

That's pretty vague--the company apparently snuck through a doozie of a contract for you this time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got 1yrs left 3rd year driving. And no we don’t have Saturday ground so no 22.4 probably won’t even get them from
What I hear.
“Or if the driver (FOR ANY REASON) is prevented from running the route all week.

Left the quote open ended cause that’s not exact. But that’s your argument.

542thruNthru

“Or if the driver (FOR ANY REASON) is prevented from running the route all week.

Left the quote open ended cause that’s not exact. But that’s your argument.

The employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer