9.5 grievance pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Mustacheyouaquestion, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Mustacheyouaquestion

Mustacheyouaquestion 60 minute lunch

Anyone gotten a check for 9.5 grievance pay under the new on contract yet? Contract simply says " can pay up to 3x rate" very unclear about which guitar I should buy. Am I gonna buy the real deal or the knock off

2. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

I dunno but this week is finally bad. Second day over 9.5 today. I guess we'll see

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I was over the first 2 days. They’re gonna have to try real hard to not get a grievance this week

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

It technically pays at 3x now, but since you already got paid time and a half for those hours over 8, you only get time and a half for all hours over 9.5. I just got paid for 5 weeks worth of 9.5 grievances and was told that once you are violated on the third day, they have to pay for all hours over 9.5 for that week, not just the three days you were violated. So it can be very lucrative if you are violated every week like I have been.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

Be honest, you LIKE being violated don't you, you dirty boy?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. tramtwo

tramtwo Member

ALL overtime OVER 9.5 paid at 1.5 for the week violated. Must be filed for... SHOULD have been automatic in our contract. Imagine how serious the company would be in eliminating the excessive overtime. I'm sure Teamsters, who don't file, are leaving millions a week on the table.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  7. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

It all depends on who is doing the violating...

8. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone Active Member

I recently hit top rate and have yet to file a grievance. The past several months were pretty good but it seems to be going down hill all of the sudden in my center. I have 2 9.5s this week. I was under 9.5 today. We will see what happens tomorrow.

This may be my 1st grievance and as far as I’m concerned they can go pound sand.

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Best thing anyone on the 9.5 list can do is file the first time they are violated. It really sends a msg.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I filed for getting a 14 hour day on a Friday shortly after getting on the list. I have hardly gone over 9.5 at all since filing that grievance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I filed last week, our Ba told me he doesn’t know if it will stick because the route I ran was in all week except Monday when they cut it so he doesn’t think it will could since it wasn’t a full week on it. Shouldn’t be my fault they cut the route but regardless we will see. They are sneaky here unless you have a bid route they will just rename a route and say the one you ran all week 4days straight is cut on Friday or something.

12. Rack em

Your BA is weak! That's a slam dunk grievance here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You file for it and are automatically paid. I filed on a Friday and my penalty pay was given to me the following Friday. 9/5 penalty pay is paid via a live check, not direct deposit.

There is supposed to be an automatic hearing after the 3rd penalty pay grievance and management is supposed explain what steps they are taking to eliminate 9/5 grievances.

• List
  14. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Getting on the list tomorrow.

43hrs already. Too hot for this much OT.

15. Rack em

Won't take effect until 7/22....They gets a weeks notice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Member

Do you have to be over 4 days? Or is the third day a violation?

17. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

3rd

18. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

I could never understood how they factored 9.5 grievance pay. All I know is I got a bunch of checks over the course of my last 2 years in package that ranged from $140.00 to $250.00. It’s such a great feeling getting those checks. Not only is it free money, but you’re sending a message that will hopefully eventually make your life easier if your management team has brains, and the proper staffing. For me it did end eventually. My last year and a half in package I was probably over 9.5 on average about once a week.

19. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

First 2 days over 9.5, file for harassment.

20. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

That’s fine. Summer just started lol.