9.5 Grievances

MrBates

Hello everyone, I am not sure how to post a forum on here so here it goes with this. I work at a hub in Minnesota and have been here for around a year. No one seems to know my job title? Everyone just calls me the tower clerk, but when I ask what my official job title is my manager does not know, neither do any of my co-workers. I am located in the "tower" at a desk all day. I start and stop the belts and record data through out the shift. I was an outside hire and have never worked at UPS before this job. Does any body know what this position is called? I read on here another discussion where someone was getting hired for an operations clerk job and the description sounded similar to mine but I have never heard of that title before. Also I am part-time and non-union. My paycheck only says I am a "Hub Associate." Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have never heard of that position but it looks like you are not entitled to 9.5 protection.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello everyone, I am not sure how to post a forum on here so here it goes with this. I work at a hub in Minnesota and have been here for around a year. No one seems to know my job title? Everyone just calls me the tower clerk, but when I ask what my official job title is my manager does not know, neither do any of my co-workers. I am located in the "tower" at a desk all day. I start and stop the belts and record data through out the shift. I was an outside hire and have never worked at UPS before this job. Does any body know what this position is called? I read on here another discussion where someone was getting hired for an operations clerk job and the description sounded similar to mine but I have never heard of that title before. Also I am part-time and non-union. My paycheck only says I am a "Hub Associate." Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Tower clerk

babboo25

Banned
Thanks union brother , we have been getting a lot of rookies in here acting like full-timers ..it needs to stop
What exactly is “ in here “????? Everyone in here is anonymous, most just spread misinformation, you act like this is some special club or something.

Ghost in the Darkness

Management numbers come out of Disney. They will cheat, tweek, manipulate and anything else they can do to get more work on you. Remember this, drivers contribute to the movement of packages.... management does not, so they need to make up for that loss of production by hammering us. They would also like it if you would feel obligated to work while taking your lunch and break. They also prefer you come in early before you start to sort your truck.

-Give them a good effort...
-work safely
-treat yourself like a human being and take your lunch and break, its your time
-don't treat ups like a charity, you owe them nothing
-remind them their numbers mean nothing if they harass you