9.5 retaliation

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
In the contract it states that dispatch can not retaliate against 9.5 drivers with excessive work on the remaining 2 day, but what is deemed excessive and who determines that?
That’s the way it was supposed to be these last 4 years as well. Yeah, I’m real optimistic they’ll follow that this time around. :wacko:

Faceplanted

My managment team thought it was ok to send me out with fair dispatches Mon-wed and the pound me on Thursday and Friday. I filed and kept record of my dispatch. My dispatch rose 20-30% “magically” on my 2 free days. We had a local hearing and hr saw the OBVIOUS tend. My center manager got pulled out of our meeting and had a quick talk with the labor manager. It stopped after that. Keep records. It’s easy to prove if you keep records.

Dr.Brownz

By the way, it’s “three days”.

They can kind of screw you over for two days. But the last three they have to to keep you under 9.5 or you definitely file.

OP just needs to show they consistently screw him over on two of the days of the week. It's pretty obvious when 3 days are short then he has two 11 hour days every week.

Dr.Brownz

My managment team thought it was ok to send me out with fair dispatches Mon-wed and the pound me on Thursday and Friday. I filed and kept record of my dispatch. My dispatch rose 20-30% “magically” on my 2 free days. We had a local hearing and hr saw the OBVIOUS tend. My center manager got pulled out of our meeting and had a quick talk with the labor manager. It stopped after that. Keep records. It’s easy to prove if you keep records.

Yep they tried that here too except they would always screw the guy on tuesdays and thursdays. It didn't work out for management.

BUCN85

Well I’ve only been on 9.5 3 weeks I think. This past week has been the first real bad 2 days. Weeks prior I think I had one 11 hr and maybe a 10 which isn’t bad. But these last 2 days were bad. I’m screen shotting my time cards now Incase this trend continues.

reginald95

The rule is they should make an honest attempt at keeping you 9.5 all week long. They can go over 2 days but it can't be like over-dispatched like 11-12 hr days. maybe 10-10.5 otherwise you can make a case for retaliation and not following the contract. It's really just based on the driver how he feels physically and mentally I think. A younger guy who's on 9.5 might be able to deal with two days of 12 hr dispatches while an older driver might not. Just file if you don't feel like you're being treated properly.