9.5 starts tomorrow...

Poop Head

Judge me.
That grievance should have gone to panel, but our BA doesn't know how to be an effective agent!
Hmmmm... Three days over 9.5 worked. I see how this could be a hard sell. Lol!!

We're there any "events outside the employers control" on any of those days?

542thruNthru

The usual in our center is they load us up no matter what and they just send drivers to help 3 days a week to keep the drivers on the 9.5 list under. The other 2 days they just make us finish the work which for a lot of routes is over 11 hour days.

They tried this with me for a while. What most drivers seem to do is give the guy helping them just enough work to make 9.5.

I made sure to give away much more work then I needed to. So that I was in under 9 hours. When management would complain I would tell them. "If you're going to leave it up to me to make 9.5 then I'm going to make sure I do."

After horrible numbers on my route and who ever had to help me route also. They started sending me out with less. Not saying it will work in your center but I recommend trying it. Come in at 8.5 3 days in a row and watch them freak out. ;)

Rack em

Made the Podium
It costs money to go to the panel

But that shouldn't stop them from sending it to the panel
So disregard the contract because it costs like $25? If numerous stewards throughout the local agree it should go to panel then the BA should listen.

A little back info, our BA had at the time been the BA for about 8 months and had no previous experience with Ups. I still don't think he has figured out what a beast Ups really is. From what I have gathered, on center level hearings he lets the stewards argue all the cases and he goes with what the stewards say. In my opinion he should be fighting harder for the members because that's who pays his salary.

tourists24

They tried this with me for a while. What most drivers seem to do is give the guy helping them just enough work to make 9.5.

I made sure to give away much more work then I needed to. So that I was in under 9 hours. When management would complain I would tell them. "If you're going to leave it up to me to make 9.5 then I'm going to make sure I do."

After horrible numbers on my route and who ever had to help me route also. They started sending me out with less. Not saying it will work in your center but I recommend trying it. Come in at 8.5 3 days in a row and watch them freak out. ;)
This is a smart plan. We just had a warning letter given this week for being instructed to meet a driver and give him stops. Must make curfew. The driver missed by 10 minutes. The other driver may get ticked but you need to be sure you have plenty of time to spare

542thruNthru

This is a smart plan. We just had a warning letter given this week for being instructed to meet a driver and give him stops. Must make curfew. The driver missed by 10 minutes. The other driver may get ticked but you need to be sure you have plenty of time to spare

I know.. I said it. ;)

Poop Head

Judge me.
Curfew?? What are we? A bunch of kids?? Don't answer that

Rack em

Made the Podium

I wish I could come in even one day at 8.5 hours lol. Like I said, they dispatch very high knowing they will have to send someone to take stops. No one ever comes to take stops until usually 17:00, so by that time I have to give them 95% of my stops so I can make it back to the center in under 9.5 hours. They won't ever allow me to work under 9 unless I file for an 8 hour request.

542thruNthru

Yeah it screws the other driver but if they don't want to help. Get on the 9.5 list. ;)

Though most of the guys that had to help me were usually guys that wanted 13hr days. So I was lucky.

542thruNthru

I wish I could come in even one day at 8.5 hours lol. Like I said, they dispatch very high knowing they will have to send someone to take stops. No one ever comes to take stops until usually 17:00, so by that time I have to give them 95% of my stops so I can make it back to the center in under 9.5 hours. They won't ever allow me to work under 9 unless I file for an 8 hour request.

So next time switch cars with him and just drive in. ;)

So disregard the contract because it costs like $25? If numerous stewards throughout the local agree it should go to panel then the BA should listen.

A little back info, our BA had at the time been the BA for about 8 months and had no previous experience with Ups. I still don't think he has figured out what a beast Ups really is. From what I have gathered, on center level hearings he lets the stewards argue all the cases and he goes with what the stewards say. In my opinion he should be fighting harder for the members because that's who pays his salary.
I think it's more like $5000

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Whether I was giving stops or getting stops I made them give me a number
How many stops do you want me to give or take
Not my job to make those decisions