9.5 violations

ManInBrown

Hey all, I was going to see if anyone has heard or experienced anything similar. I have been filing 9.5 and 8 hour request grievances since the beginning of the year I haven’t received a check yet or anything showing in paycheck viewer. Other guys have gotten 2 or more so far this year. But me, nothing. I was filing and getting checks last year no problem. I am on the 9.5 list and am a full time RPCD in the southern region. I have asked my steward and he says he looked into it and he doesn’t know what’s going on. My On Road told me they’re not paying them to drivers who are 2 hours or more over allowed. But that sounds like something he’d say…

Any thoughts?
Grievance checks are live checks. It’s just a check and your center manager or on car will make you sign off for it. It does not show on upsers.

ManInBrown

Yep.

That sounds like some sort of petty intimidation tactic.

Signature not required.

Umm....

You're wrong on that.
I always had to sign off for every grievance I ever received, was not on UPSers unless it was somewhere I didn’t know to check. Wasn’t on paycheck viewer. The sign off was just a piece of paper with a bunch of employees Names and they asked me to sign next to mine to show I received the check. Intimidation tactic? Not at all.

Thebrownblob

Yep.

That sounds like some sort of petty intimidation tactic.

Signature not required.

Umm....

You're wrong on that.
They definitely show on UPSers usually the greivant knows before I do that they’re getting a check Because it populates online before the live check gets to the center.

ManInBrown

They definitely show on UPSers usually the greivant knows before I do that they’re getting a check Because it populates online before the live check gets to the center.
Never showed. Havent gotten one in since I left package, definitely never showed on paycheck viewer. I would’ve noticed as I check it every week. Maybe something has changed since I received my last one which was probably 7 years ago.

ManInBrown

Now you have me wondering if they were listed On UPSers. I saved all the stubs going to check later, dont know if paycheck viewer goes back that far.

Thebrownblob

Never showed. Havent gotten one in since I left package, definitely never showed on paycheck viewer. I would’ve noticed as I check it every week. Maybe something has changed since I received my last one which was probably 7 years ago.
I don’t even remember how long ago I went paperless. In the old days the checks just showed up whenever no rhyme or reason.

ManInBrown

We got paid so fast for 9.5 grievances, we would file and two weeks later we would get paid. Then I read stories on here of drivers filing and six months later nothing. I know inside the hub grievances take forever because I was talking to the hub steward a few weeks ago and he said he’s got pending from 2 years ago.

Thebrownblob

We got paid so fast for 9.5 grievances, we would file and two weeks later we would get paid. Then I read stories on here of drivers filing and six months later nothing. I know inside the hub grievances take forever because I was talking to the hub steward a few weeks ago and he said he’s got pending from 2 years ago.
That’s entirely too long. Generally we have grievance hearings once a month here. There are occasions where there’s postponements for certain things, but most of the time we have them monthly. Terminations we do as necessary.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
A solution to seeing the family is to bid the route where you live and take your lunch break at home. Go swimming, shower etc. If not have the mrs join you for lunch during the week on route. A lot of us visit our parents/in-laws on the way to our route if we can’t lunch at home. The job is what you make of it. If you’re “forced” to working so much consider yourself fortunate. At least your spouse doesn’t need to work and she no doubt is happy about that.
WTF who is this guy? Do you know where you are?

ManInBrown

Every grievance check and adjustment check I have ever received shows up on UPSers no matter if live or direct deposit.
You guys were right. Pulled out my grievance checks and last one I got was late 2017. It was on UPSers. I don’t know how I never noticed that back then. I check every Wednesday to see paycheck. Weird. Pulling out those grievance checks makes me miss that free money😂

Brownwind

Who can get by with just one? How’s the Mrs. going to get groceries while you’re at work. 2 minimum and maybe a spare, just in case.
WTF who is this guy? Do you know where you are?
Just trying to help out. Everyone is complaining about their routes and the job. Remember you make your own stress. When on break lock up the truck and take your lunch away from it. (with family or friends on the route)

Also Enjoy the moments you have with the customers and the long ride to get to them. I have a lot of time in and I have an amazing route. 60 stops 200+\~ miles. If you don’t like what route you’re doing bid another one. Seriously why be miserable.

JustDeliverIt

Just trying to help out. Everyone is complaining about their routes and the job. Remember you make your own stress. When on break lock up the truck and take your lunch away from it. (with family or friends on the route)

Also Enjoy the moments you have with the customers and the long ride to get to them. I have a lot of time in and I have an amazing route. 60 stops 200+\~ miles. If you don’t like what route you’re doing bid another one. Seriously why be miserable.

I agree, was just being a jackass. I’m the same way, I go out and enjoy my route. Have an AirPod in so I can listen to music and am more than pleasant with my customers. Never let this place get to you, it isn’t worth it.