A/C

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m not certain people are down voting
If you worked at UPS a long time, you know, they don’t give up something without wanting something in return or playing games with language, so there will naturally be suspicion Until we know the full details of the whole contract.

Not to mention the fact that I can’t speak for everywhere , but I’m in a very large hub with multiple centers, and every vehicle in this fleet here has been replaced within the last 21/2 years. The likelihood of anyone seeing air conditioning with a 2024 model in less than 8 to 10 years is unlikely because every truck is brand new.
They keep trucks for a long time. I was driving trucks that were on their 2-3 engines in 1990. Now they’re gonna keep them longer.

Thebrownblob

If felt the need to mention that to him, I would probably want to run the whole show.

:biggrin:

I called it on Monday.... what was going to happen.

The company did the same thing back in 07 with the commitment of power steering in all pkg cars.
If felt the need to mention that to him, I would probably want to run the whole show.

:biggrin:

I called it on Monday.... what was going to happen.

The company did the same thing back in 07 with the commitment of power steering in all pkg cars.
It’s a win for both sides at this point, Teamsters get to say we have air-conditioning, company doesn’t have to spend much money for many years. While putting out press releases about how much they care about their employees lol.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
IMG_1884.jpeg

It’s simple, just hire driver helpers and classify them as fan bearers over the summer. They can also feed you grapes while you sit on your throne—I mean driver’s seat.

Trucker Clock

If you worked at UPS a long time, you know, they don’t give up something without wanting something in return or playing games with language, so there will naturally be suspicion Until we know the full details of the whole contract.

True, but this could be a compromise in and of itself, without expecting give backs somewhere else.

The Union could have been pushing for, or suggesting, that UPS retro-fit all existing equipment with A/C.

This could be a compromise so the Union would agree to all new vehicles instead of a complete retro-fit all vehicles.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I’m not certain people are down voting

Not to mention the fact that I can’t speak for everywhere , but I’m in a very large hub with multiple centers, and every vehicle in this fleet here has been replaced within the last 21/2 years. The likelihood of anyone seeing air conditioning with a 2024 model in less than 8 to 10 years is unlikely because every truck is brand new.

Nailed it

Define: Air Conditioning?....:onitswaysmiley:

Thebrownblob

Who said it was fake? Is there a big difference between fake and the details.
And last I checked everything is tentative we don’t even know if we’re going to agree on any contract and this could all be mothballed in a couple weeks with UPS going to the media saying “we even gave them air conditioning and they said no they’re being unreasonable”

There’s a lot of strategy going on here that none of us can be sure of anything. None of us know what the actual language is.
Not taking anything away from the negotiation committee. It’s certainly something many people wanted, and it appears they have a tentative agreement on that particular thing although I do believe there are much bigger issues they have not been resolved yet that we know of.

Last edited: