A/C

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
A/C won’t do anything for the main problem, which is the oven in the back. It’s absolutely brutal back there in August.
Exactly!!! The ac thing is solely a pr stunt in my opinion. If he really wants to make a change then get us ventilation in the back of the truck.

Misthios

They have bought so many new trucks recently, most won't see AC for years....
This is why this issue was such a silly hill to die on. It says all trucks purchased after 1/1/24 must have ac. The company will slow purchases of vehicles and ramp up the maintenance on our current trucks to ensure this takes an inordinate amount of time. My current package car was made in 2008 so I would imagine the mechanics will suddenly become interested in fixing the issues. Just another loophole for ups to fly a 747 through and all for the sake of pr. Yes you got ac but what’s the cost going to be?

This is why this issue was such a silly hill to die on. It says all trucks purchased after 1/1/24 must have ac. The company will slow purchases of vehicles and ramp up the maintenance on our current trucks to ensure this takes an inordinate amount of time. My current package car was made in 2008 so I would imagine the mechanics will suddenly become interested in fixing the issues. Just another loophole for ups to fly a 747 through and all for the sake of pr. Yes you got ac but what’s the cost going to be?
It's a smart move for the company. Now a heat related injury is your fault, "we've done everything in our power..."

And the cost of a comp claim and all the fines that come with one will buy a lot of a/c components.

Pullman Brown

I thought 22.4s were going to work inside for few hours and reduce my overtime?

how’d that work out guys?

how many damn times you guys have to be lied too before you know they’re blowing smoke up our ass?
🧔‍♂️✊
Exactly! The Union in 2028 is going to push for the company to have ac installed on trucks that are a certain amount of years old and then the next contract all the rest of the vehicles and by then half of y’all will be dead. No six punch in the national or we are going to have a rerun of this terrible contract!

Last edited:

dogs.bite.me

I really hope the rubes that work here don’t make their decision based on that handout. AC is useless in these things. Go home today and drive with the windows and doors open and have your AC on full blast and see how it feels. The ventilation stuff is great. That’s what’s needed. Going to be some drivers with sore knees trying to get the new cars put on their route.
actually it makes a difference vs windows down with no ac
it will be a big difference when sitting at that red light for 1-2 minutes as well vs sitting there eating the heat rising off the pavement

Johney

A/C in a package car is a complete waste of a bargaining chip. I can tell you down here in Florida it will be completely useless. A/C in cars here with tinted windows can hardly keep up.

Misthios

It's a smart move for the company. Now a heat related injury is your fault, "we've done everything in our power..."

And the cost of a comp claim and all the fines that come with one will buy a lot of a/c components.
Good point. I hadn’t thought of it that way

vvv

I thought 22.4s were going to work inside for few hours and reduce my overtime?

how’d that work out guys?

how many damn times you guys have to be lied too before you know they’re blowing smoke up our ass?
🧔‍♂️✊
I think some of the boys like that feeling MECH.

pkgdriver

Yeah , I’m sure my one mechanic is going to install a/c in all the package cars lololol

Don’t believe this a/c lie , we will be striking✊🧔‍♂️
4FF64604-1354-4D34-A9A0-C769C11D65F9.gif

Last edited: