A/C

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
All newer model trucks bought after jan12024
None of the old piece of :censored2:s will have them installed.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Such a silly hill to die on. How long will it take for these to even trickle down in noticeable numbers? Secondly we will have to pay for this somehow. Wether through concessions or extra work. It’s a great idea but not one that a lot of us will be able to use. Especially tighter routes where you may get a minute tops in between stops if that.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Very important to consider what the give and take will be on this. Short term gratification of maybe having a PC with air that in all reality will be ineffective based of the job or, long term benefits of getting something more tangible and useful on a longer term basis. Basically, something worth more than cool air for the long haul.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The manufacturer is probably going to make A/C a non-deleted option anyway. All of them have power brakes, power steering, and automatic transmissions. All the other companies have been buying A/C vans for years. A/C as a contract demand means a concession somewhere else. Better real ventilation in the back should have been bargained for a long time ago.

govols019

You smell that?
The manufacturer is probably going to make A/C a non-deleted option anyway. All of them have power brakes, power steering, and automatic transmissions. All the other companies have been buying A/C vans for years. A/C as a contract demand means a concession somewhere else. Better real ventilation in the back should have been bargained for a long time ago.

That's what I thought, it's gotten to the point it's more expensive to delete AC. That and the horrible PR they got last Summer with drivers falling out on Ring cameras.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
AC does come with DC.
Drive with
Carol
IMG_1882.png

1000 hours in MS Paint.
Tbh this meme would work better with Ron Carey or Jimmy Hoffa.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I hope not. if they install anything "off the shelf" so to speak, A. it won't do :censored2: for how hot it gets and B. will cost an outrageous amount of money. if they install anything that actually works to lower the temperature it will cost a ridiculously insane amount of money. now you might not give much thought about the expenses of the company, but we're all paid out of the same pile of money and blowing it on AC means that it's going to be harder to press for raises and pension fund contributions and healthcare.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I hope not. if they install anything "off the shelf" so to speak, A. it won't do :censored2: for how hot it gets and B. will cost an outrageous amount of money. if they install anything that actually works to lower the temperature it will cost a ridiculously insane amount of money. now you might not give much thought about the expenses of the company, but we're all paid out of the same pile of money and blowing it on AC means that it's going to be harder to press for raises and pension fund contributions and healthcare.
Bingo

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s a PR stunt. Now the company can justify lower raises. In the long run it won’t really help the driver much.