A COLA or a BEER?

Shiftless

Altho I don't drink Cola's anymore, a COLA (cost of living allowance) for all retiree's sounds really good!

I am afraid the sound of a "COLA" would go on DEAF EAR"S with the Teamster's both in charge and in the ranks.

Or am I wrong? Would the rank and file be able to see into their future and apply more to their retirement so that a COLA
could be in place when they retire, or are they to short sighted to negotiate now for their future?

Out with my Hot Rod buddies for lunch last week I did an impromptu survey of who has a cola? Hands down the only ones were those who have cola's are retired city (Fire), county (Police & Fire), state (Police) and Federal (DOD) retiree's. Most the others owned their own business, no cola for them. Those still working and younger have been massaging personal retirement plans on their own as they have jumped from company to company.

OK time for a BEER!

Altho I don't drink Cola's anymore, a COLA (cost of living allowance) for all retiree's sounds really good!

I am afraid the sound of a "COLA" would go on DEAF EAR"S with the Teamster's both in charge and in the ranks.

Or am I wrong? Would the rank and file be able to see into their future and apply more to their retirement so that a COLA
could be in place when they retire, or are they to short sighted to negotiate now for their future?

Out with my Hot Rod buddies for lunch last week I did an impromptu survey of who has a cola? Hands down the only ones were those who have cola's are retired city (Fire), county (Police & Fire), state (Police) and Federal (DOD) retiree's. Most the others owned their own business, no cola for them. Those still working and younger have been massaging personal retirement plans on their own as they have jumped from company to company.

OK time for a BEER!
If you're collecting social security you will get a 5.9% COLA raise

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

OK time for a BEER!
I brought up everytime at contract meetings
That everybody that’s working should pay into a fund that would cover any out of pocket premiums for retirees health insurance until they reach Medicare age
Never got any traction

Shiftless

That everybody that’s working should pay into a fund that would cover any out of pocket premiums for retirees health insurance until they reach Medicare age
Never got any traction
Rank & File really can only see dollar amounts contractually going into the current pocket in their pants! That is a monumental task to make changes.

The vast majority don't actually pay attention to the finish line when retirement starts,. or where Medicare begins till they are well into their employment years has been my experience.

Its all about choices! Ya gotta LOVE CHOICES!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

OK time for a BEER!
Yep government jobs that’s it. My parents both get 3% each year. My mom was complaining about inflation and living on a fixed income last week. I said imagine those people that have been retired 10 years and haven’t had a 30% raise.

Yep government jobs that’s it. My parents both get 3% each year. My mom was complaining about inflation and living on a fixed income last week. I said imagine those people that have been retired 10 years and haven’t had a 30% raise.
That's why I like to at least see a small match on the 401k. So when the guys retire they can give themselves a raise with somebody they saved.
Too many guys think this pension is going to be enough for them to live on for the rest of their lives

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Never got any traction
Here in NorCal local 315, this is what we did. Employee and spouse are fully covered, cost...$0.