A long day!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
251522386CE4KRKF-1.gif
View attachment 296091 going to be long and hard today.
Go faster.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The route I’ve been doing has stops from the same block, same side of the street on two different shelves (1175 and 8150).

We leave super late. I just do my irregs to give me max room, then start my pickups. Then I drive back in to unload pickups. Drive out again and continue delivering till 10 PM, and come back with 120 stops, 10+ missed business, and like 1/2 my NDA undelivered. Rinse and repeat :)

You're being set up to fail.

Put in the same effort that goes into planning and loading your day. Work safe and get paid.

AwashBwashCwash

I see a lot of wasted space in there. Any attempt to use it wisely might’ve cleared much of the aisle.

It's not a question of wisdom it's a question of :censored2: hitting the fan during preload.
It's easy to saunter in and look at a truck and figure out how the packages should be organized under optimal conditions, it's another thing when you're in the trenches on preload, loading 4 trucks minimum, and pirouetting around piles of stack out while holding 4-5 packages in your hands each time you enter a truck

Overpaid Union Thug

It's not a question of wisdom it's a question of :censored2: hitting the fan during preload.
It's easy to saunter in and look at a truck and figure out how the packages should be organized under optimal conditions, it's another thing when you're in the trenches on preload, loading 4 trucks minimum, and pirouetting around piles of stack out while holding 4-5 packages in your hands each time you enter a truck
A load such as the one in the photo can be easily and quickly fixed. Even if it’s already loaded like that. Many of us drivers can come in and move a couple boxes around in less than a few minutes and make a truck that was full down the middle into a truck that you can walk through. Just wait until after the surge if you have to.

One thing that does the trick is dropping the larger packages off the shelves onto the floor. I show that to my pre-loader’s and they are amazed about how much shelf space they gain. Putting packages that are larger on the shelf isn’t necessarily a bad thing but when you guys start running out of room and there is space on the floor go ahead and drop those suckers.

if a truck is actually full then yeah it is very hard to do anything with that. But in many cases, at least in my center, if space was just used more wisely loads like what we see in the picture can easily be avoided. The problem is when they run preloaders out to get them off the clock. Ask them if they’d rather pay a preloader or a driver to doctor the load.